1936 Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! After 2 1/2 months of bodywork and seemingly endless block sanding it feels great to see it with paint - life just kept getting in the way of playing in the garage.... now back to block sanding.....

looking good

Looking Good!

With your design and fab skills you need to find someone else who can do the painting. [ddd

You could have knocked out a couple more golf carts by now. [;)

I love looking at a job done by someone who knows what they're doing and also likes doing it [cl :cool:
I have no desire to do body work :)
I showed a car friend of mine, your Cadi and Packard build. He was taken back by the attention to detail, extent of the biuld and the quality of work you do :cool: :cool: :cool:

Looking Good!

With your design and fab skills you need to find someone else who can do the painting. [ddd

You could have knocked out a couple more golf carts by now. [;)

Problem is that I would have to pay someone for ridiculous hours to get it the way I want it and that would totally eliminate any profit at the end.
Oh Yeh, more golf cart plans are on my scribblin' pad, again, time is my enemy....:(

I love looking at a job done by someone who knows what they're doing and also likes doing it [cl :cool:
I have no desire to do body work :)
I showed a car friend of mine, your Cadi and Packard build. He was taken back by the attention to detail, extent of the biuld and the quality of work you do :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks bud, just doin' what feels good, glad that people find it worth looking at.

Attachments

• DSC00601.jpg
    DSC00601.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 61
Oh boy, progress!! Got the body mounted on the frame for the last time - no screw-ups or big gouges [cl. Have to turn up the speed on assembly, it's going in to the upholstery shop in a couple weeks and I still have to bodywork and paint the whole front end...

Attachments

• DSC00606.jpg
    DSC00606.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC00607.jpg
    DSC00607.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00610.jpg
    DSC00610.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00613.jpg
    DSC00613.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00619.jpg
    DSC00619.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 77
Few more pics, put on the rear fenders and tail lights, the lights look more at home now that its painted.

Attachments

• DSC00616.jpg
    DSC00616.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC00621.jpg
    DSC00621.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00625.jpg
    DSC00625.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00627.jpg
    DSC00627.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 81
My wife said "you're just out in the garage pulling your wire"
Uuuhhh, today she's right - I was pulling wires :D. This is where the prewiring job really speeds up the final install - good thing I labelled everything, it's almost easy :cool:.

Attachments

• DSC00628.jpg
    DSC00628.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00629.jpg
    DSC00629.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00631.jpg
    DSC00631.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 64
WOW! I have been so busy I have missed a lot of this but took the time this morning to catch up with you. Again, it is truly amazing how much you get done so fast and the amount of detail involved every step of the way I can only dream of accomplishing a 1/4 of what you do in the time. Still say you have some magic elves' show up at night to help,LOL;)
The car is a work of art and beyond impressive. [cl

Latest posts

Back