Sheets & Giggles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed my exam yesterday morning. One more next Wednesday to finish Level 4 and then the big one - the exam next Friday for my journeyman status

Got the urge to talk to my parents on the way home. Turned into a rather emotional conversation.

Attachments

• Mom&Dad.jpg
    Mom&Dad.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 45
Good for you on the exam. Journeymanship, here we come!

Looks like Mom lived a lot longer than Dad. Same here, 44 years longer.

Sneak peek from the painter. The picture was sent to me in a text message. Really looking forward to seeing it close up. Metallic paint should sparkle nicely in the sunlight.

Attachments

• IMG_0699.JPG
    IMG_0699.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 20160521_135942.jpeg
    20160521_135942.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
A good Son....

Passed my exam yesterday morning. One more next Wednesday to finish Level 4 and then the big one - the exam next Friday for my journeyman status

Got the urge to talk to my parents on the way home. Turned into a rather emotional conversation.

Wish I'd been close to my parents....they split up when I was 12....Didn't even see my dad again until I was 27....Mom and I never got along after they split...I left at 16 and did ok....wouldn't recommend it nowadays....

Great you can stop by and let them know you are still thinking about them...[cl

Thanks. I appreciate all the comments. Writing exam for my journeyman papers this morning and feeling very nervous. Don't really know why since I've managed to do pretty good up until now. Anyway, fingers crossed. Wish me luck guys. :)

The painter sent me another picture so I added to the earlier post.

A teaser from the machine shop. Almost ready. Should go nicely with the orange paint. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I should pay closer attention... 8mm drive? Gas or alky? Got a name for the car other than Sheets & Giggles?

8mm drive .. going to start with 10% overdrive 50/55. I'm going to run it on alcohol. Engine has about 10.5:1 static compression. Roller cam is 248*/268* @ .050, .615/.605 lift, 112* lobe centers. Brodix 10x heads. Should make decent power but nothing crazy ... guessing in the 700-750 range.

Haven't thought of any other name for it but I suppose I'm open to suggestion. The whole project really started on a whim and its not going to be a really competitive race car compared to a modern day altered. Built to go have fun at nostalgia meets. Not even sure if it will be consistent enough to be a decent bracket car but I am sure it will be a lot of fun.

As those of you that have been following my posts know, about 10 days ago I wrote the exam for my Journeyman status as a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician. After the exam I was so convinced in my mind that I had failed that I made no mention of it.

Today I received an email from my Level 4 instructor congratulating me on passing the certification exam with a score of 88%!

This result is still unofficial but my relief is immense. :D

Congrats on passing the exam!!

Way to go......only exam I've passed recently is a prostate exam... :eek:..
Seriously....I'm sure you are relieved....[cl....

Sorry I missed your reply... 12 days ago! :eek: (Thanks for the info all the same.)

Car looks great, congrats on the exam and I'll look forward to the final product!

Latest posts

Back