1931 Chevy 4door into pickup.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are welcome endicott.:eek: :) And thanks for making an old one legged guy feel good this morning.
I appreciate the compliment and not to demean myself, but this site is like the old Lovin Spoonful song. "Nashville Cats"...... My version goes something like this....... "There's sixteen hundred and fifty two Rat rod builders on RRR. And anyone of them can build better then I will"
We are all in good company here and everyone brings something to the table. And most importantly is willing to share.........[cl :cool:
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie

Spent the last few days working on the left hand side of the car. Didn't turn out as pretty in my opinion but the seat fits in nicely and it'll function as it should. Tomorrow I'll hang the other door (took it off so it was easier to climb in an out of) and I'll start working on the roof. I'll need to put bows in going from the rear to the front and from side to side. Try to get the doors to line up better and keep the body square. Anyhow, here's some pictures.

Well, didn't get much done today on account of running out of steel tubing and won't be able to get down to the steel store until the first at least. I did however get it off the jack stands and set it on the ground. Stands about 4'tall at it's highest point so once suspension, axles, and wheels are under it, it may break an extra 6" lol. I do have a sheet of 10ga(1/8") plate to make the rear part of my frame though. So looks like I'm gonna finally pick up the 9" from my coworker's so I can see just how much I need to chop off of the frame and how high I need to kick it up. It'll be different, I can tell you that much. A lot of my ideas I haven't told anyone just yet cause I would like to keep some things as a surprise.

Here she is sitting on my garage floor.

Last edited:
Getting some frame work done. Still have to decide where the axle will sit but god is it looking awesome. A lot of work for stuff that will never be seen.

Here's the 4 pieces I cut out of 1/8 plate.

All bolted together. Spacers are made from 1/2" schedule 40 pipe. Bolts are 1/2" grade 8 and grade 8 lock nuts.

And mocked up on the frame and sitting on the axle.

Still have to sleeve te big holes, weld it to the existing frame and then box it all in.

Frame's now coming together. Got the crossmembers and some of the sleeves welded in. Leaving a couple out until I decide where the axle is going to sit and where exactly the 4link bars are gonna mount.

I can't decide whether or not I need to box the rear of the frame in or not. I'm thinking that I should just so that it's cleaner. Tomorrow I'm going to set the axle in and see where it looks best. From there I can decide how I'm going to make my 4links and where/how they will mount.

Latest posts

Back