VW photo thread!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this 58 in the other day for a repaint. The owner had it done about 3 months ago but the guy that did it kinda screwed it up, it is full of dirt/dust and fisheyes, what a shame. So now I have to make it right.

Attachments

• IMG_20140731_193059_781.jpg
    IMG_20140731_193059_781.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20140731_193122_218.jpg
    IMG_20140731_193122_218.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 46
Id the whole VW cab over thread. That guy has some skills! I would have liked to see him build it out of steel instead of glass but it's still awesome. [cl

Here is a 5.3 v8 bug that my buddy is building. We have about three Saturday's in it so far. Getting ready to bring it over to my garage to really go to work.

Setting engine in to see how much chop can be done because we are going big lol
1416799331.jpg

Marked out for four inches out the side
1416799354.jpg

Next started cutting the car into pieces lol
This was after whe quartered the roof and cut eight inches out of the top
1416799213.jpg

And this is where we are at so far, the extra roof skin is just sitting on top and the quarters will be cut to match the wheel radius
1416799401.jpg

Vdub

Ok gang... it'z been a while since I've had a photo contest so here we go! I've been inspired by some of the kool Beetle Bugs I've seen lately so let's see some kool stuff!!! This will be for all things VW & run until next Sunday night when I'll chose my fav! I'll start off!!!

BoB

Killer is right!

I'm Game

My first buggy, cia 1969, VW floor pan shortened and every thing torch welded with coat hangers, and I'm alive to talk about it.

[S
Buggy%20001_zpsexvdiheo.png

Oh, and first wife [cl

Gottkts thats a cool looking bug

solts this is my first buggy .. road a million dirt road miles with that thing

db.jpg Ive had it on its side and in the water in mud... never did take it easy on the poor thing .. I loved it .

Thanks Yankee transplant, it is my buddies and he is building it at my shop. Going to be pretty wicked when done.

Thanks Yankee transplant, it is my buddies and he is building it at my shop. Going to be pretty wicked when done.
I never seen it but there was supposed to be a 350 in a bug around here years ago ,,, but ???? if I had a good body Id try it again ,,, I done my 4x4 bug and you have to sit almost in the back seat to give the engine some room ,, but I think I could deal with it ..

Latest posts

Back