1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks fellas. here is a shot of hannah on wayne's farm

IMG_2739 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

May I ask why you chose such a 'hot' fan relay?

sure. the thermostat on the 95 s10 4.3 is 195, middle of the gauge is 210. if I put a 185/175 switch in, the thermostat would never fully open.

27422025157_2a08bf0646_b.jpg

Your threads are always entertaining, joedoh. [cl

huh. I noticed that the 10 picture limit per post was lifted but I also notice that the "edit forever" feature has been removed.

Really? The edit button has always timed out for me. (I've never set a clock, but less than 24 hours, I'm sure.)

I've never been able to post more than 10 pictures in a single post, ever. Do I need a special Wookie code... or do you have us confused with another forum???

no kidding DR, sometimes when I would have updates three days in a row but didnt feel like bumping a thread no one was replying to, I would just update it adding to the end and starting the new post with a date. that was if I could stay under 10 total pictures too. but you can go back and look at post 229 in this build, 12 pictures.

found a picture of Hannahs front clip donor from waynes farm. it also had the 37-38 rear fenders now on hannah too. this truck was in terrible shape, someone had welded the cowl vent shut and it looked like a tree had fallen on the roof. this is the truck that was in the ad when I drove 90 miles in a thunder/hail storm and spent thousands of dollars at that farm.

IMG_2713 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

Your threads are always entertaining, joedoh. [cl

Really? The edit button has always timed out for me. (I've never set a clock, but less than 24 hours, I'm sure.)

I've never been able to post more than 10 pictures in a single post, ever. Do I need a special Wookie code... or do you have us confused with another forum???

Same here.
Keep up the good work. We are watching :cool:[P[P[P

no kidding DR, sometimes when I would have updates three days in a row but didnt feel like bumping a thread no one was replying to, I would just update it adding to the end and starting the new post with a date. that was if I could stay under 10 total pictures too. but you can go back and look at post 229 in this build, 12 pictures.

I looked. I think you have (or had) special powers the rest of us (common peasants) cannot possess...

you can also see how much different the curve is on the passenger side fender. drives me crazy!

What, do you suppose, is the cause of this abnormality? GMC on one side? A hacky "reformed" repair in its history?

What, do you suppose, is the cause of this abnormality? GMC on one side? A hacky "reformed" repair in its history?

I think it was Mercury Mac that explained it best: These old trucks were used hard on the farms. When the brakes finally gave out, the farmer simply ran into a hay bale or tree to stop. Of course the right side would get the most abuse, it was farthest from the driver!

I think the stampings are different! this is the second truck I built with more curve on the passenger side. the drivers fender on this truck had a fence wipe on it for sure but the passenger fender and both fenders on the last 41 were in really nice shape and exhibited the same exact anomaly, more curve on the passenger, deeper wheel inset

I have another set of rough 1/2 ton fenders in the back 40, I will look them over too.

sure I can put up a waynes farm thread, I took a butt ton of pictures.

almost done inside, just need to make the carpet edge strips, I ran out of bed strips so I need something else. got the new boot mounted, and the light switch mounted.
IMG_9952 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

did the bed wood, some of the strips were rusted short, so I will fix that. maybe. I will seal the wood tomorrow.
IMG_9953 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

took about a 10 mile jaunt with some fresh gas, the speedo whacked back to reading correctly when I got to about 40mph. running better and better and better, it hauls ass with the 5 spd and the clutch slave is bled with fresh fluid, works great now. no issues, airflow is enough to keep the truck under the middle of the gauge at speed, and the cooling fan only kicked on when I was idling at the gas station.

IMG_9954 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

lights all work perfect
IMG_9955 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

mrs joedoh wanted a turn so I turned over the keys. she loves driving these trucks, and she is pretty picky. her only complaint was the loose grille bashing noisily but I will fix that first thing. this vid is just her backing the truck back in. tomorrow I get the tarp and the bungees so hannah can be an outside cat.

IMG_9959 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

tomorrow I clean the shop stem to stern and will whack out the lower valance and the carpet edges. maybe go for a long drive to see wayne!

thanks fellers

cleaned the garage top to bottom today, you would not believe the clutter. had some help from the kittens who pushed various fluffs and screws around, till I dropped the broom and they skedaddled. then the border collie came down and gave me a stern look for scaring his flock.

looking for the seat bolts and the special VIN tag screws and found the gol-darn key to the door! what are the chances?
IMG_9968 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

guess I need to switch sides with the handles and this truck will lock. I found the seat bolts and special screws too.

the lower valance missing, and since I dont want to run a bumper I need to make one. its curved six ways to sunday though and the grille in the truck is hardly something I could pattern from. thankfully I had a good shape grille on the shelf. I used a piece of cardboard to make the flat pieces, being sure to leave tabs and other parts I would otherwise need to attach later, and making sure to leave the centers long for fitting. I used a piece of 2.5 exhaust clamped to the table to make the curves, then clamped and trimmed and welded the two pieces together. was that 1000 words yet? heres the pictures.

IMG_9966 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9970 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9971 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9972 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9973 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9975 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

stopped because the beeps went to bed. I will pop it on in the morning.

I am thinking the rear needs to come down a couple inches, maybe I will stick on a set of 2" blocks I have on the shelf. maybe the de arched leafs havent drooped all the way yet though.

Nice work on the valance! I'm gonna have to do the same thing on my 46. I got one but it will be easier to make one than straighten out this one. Big Chevy 46s have a big bumper that covers most of it...[P

Latest posts

Back