'47 Ford Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After being a golf pro all summer and my son being born October 15th I am finally back at building my 47 ford. I have suspension well on its way and motor mounts mocked up. Now I am trying to figure out steering on the cheap.

Aside from vega boxes does anyone have a recommendation for a box and steering column that are easy to come by for cheap? I'm hoping for power steering so my wife will drive it too otherwise I would probably go with a cowel setup.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

'79 - '84 Toyota 4x4 PU box. They had manual and power boxes if you can find one.

steering-gear-w-column-jpg.3567784

Looks stout to me.

Is the bulldog going to ride there permanently? :D

What about this looks too stout to you? Just curious. Would rather change something now if needed rather than once I have more things finished :p

I didn't say it looks too stout, I just said it looks stout. :D Really. The frame looks like it will handle anything that comes its way without difficulty.

I didn't say it looks too stout, I just said it looks stout. :D Really. The frame looks like it will handle anything that comes its way without difficulty.

Awesome, makes me feel better! I was taking a look through and after re-reading that, I had to check lol. Thanks for the input!

Latest posts

Back