Headed to see the movie!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you that have Netflix's there is a good documentary showing right now that tells the full/real story of the Ford Vs Ferrari races. Much more then just LaMans.
Plus it has interviews with many of the real drivers and people involved in the project. As well as archival film footage.It was done a few years ago as some of the people like Dan Gurney have passed.
It's called "The 24 Hour war" and was done back in 2016 which was the 50th Anniversary Of Fords victory.
Torchie

Since we seem to be talking FvF here, I did see it last weekend.

Entertaining to watch, but like most Hollywood stuff there were some very marked departures from reality. Some don't even make sense, like why portray that Ford didn't allow Miles to go to the '65 LeMans, when he actually drove there?? [S Also, Enzo Ferrari never attended any race at LeMans, yet he's there and tipping his hat to Miles? Like I said - Hollywood. :rolleyes:

That being said, the theater sound was amazing and worth the price of admission.

Hollywood never tells the truth... they always begin with "based on a true story" or "based on real events." :(

Torchie, thanks for the Netflix tip. I watched it this afternoon. [cl

Hollywood never tells the truth... they always begin with "based on a true story" or "based on real events." :(

Torchie, thanks for the Netflix tip. I watched it this afternoon. [cl

There is also one Called "Shelby" on Netflixs too. DR. Some of the same info and people but told with Carrol Shelby as the main emphasis.
He was quite the guy.
Torchie

There is also one Called "Shelby" on Netflixs too. DR. Some of the same info and people but told with Carrol Shelby as the main emphasis.
He was quite the guy.
Torchie

I don't use Netflix nearly as much as my wife and kids, but I fired it up and watched "The 24 Hour War", thanks to you.

Yesterday, I found the other film you speak of, titled "Shelby American". It covered much of the same ground, but focused on Shelby's story. I enjoyed both films, thanks again! [cl

I don't use Netflix nearly as much as my wife and kids, but I fired it up and watched "The 24 Hour War", thanks to you.

Yesterday, I found the other film you speak of, titled "Shelby American". It covered much of the same ground, but focused on Shelby's story. I enjoyed both films, thanks again! [cl

Best part was seeing the 85 year old Shelby doing doughnuts in a Cobra Roadster.:D [cl
Something we should all aspire to . [ddd
Torchie

Latest posts

Back