HeADER BAFFLE

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The attached pic should give you an idea about how they're made.

-Mike-

Attachments

• Lake_Header_Kit_Correct_Louvers_-_Copy-616x462.jpg
    Lake_Header_Kit_Correct_Louvers_-_Copy-616x462.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 182
I went to the local motorcycle shop and bought cheepie baffles, cut them in half and wraped them with dense fiberglass, they worked too good, took the fiberglass back out.

louver tube

i have a louver tube machine

for individual headders i would recomend universal baffles for a harley the short ones would be cheapest they are slip fit in 1 3/4 tube should work good in 2 in tubes

the kit parts could be cut out on a circle shear and can also be flanged so if someone wants some special parts made up gimme a hollar

my louver machine is snowed in a warehouse but I have a few various sized tubes in stock
or i will gladly sell the machine for the $12,000 that I have in it:rolleyes:;)
and it includes a lot of extra tooling that I had made and a large stock of spare cutters

I have Limefire lakes style headers on my T and made my own baffles to go between the header flange and the turnout. I first made a triangular flange out of 1/4 flat stock and punched a 2 inch hole through the center, and three holes to match those on the header flange.

I then cut two lengths of 2 inch exhaust pipe about 12 inches long, and drilled them full of 5/16 holes. Then I inserted a pointed long punch into each hole and bent each one into a little scoop. Next, I welded the pipes to the flanges and painted them with hi temp paint to sort of blend in with my coated headers.

When dry, I bought two header gaskets for each side and used one between the header and baffle and one between the baffle and turnout. Three bolts and self locking nuts and I was done. It dropped the sound level quite a bit, and if it was still not enough I was going to stuff stainless steel scrubby pads around the tube before I inserted it into the header, but that has not been necessary.

Don

Attachments

• t baffles for headers 003.jpg
    t baffles for headers 003.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 85
  • t baffles for headers 005.jpg
    t baffles for headers 005.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 130
  • t baffles for headers 007.jpg
    t baffles for headers 007.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 148
  • t baffles for headers 010.jpg
    t baffles for headers 010.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 150
  • t header turnouts.jpg
    t header turnouts.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 128
Could you use the baffle from a VW stinger. You can pick them up for about $ 10-15 each. I have one I measured, 3 1/2 inch diamater on the big end, about 2 inch on the small end and 12 inches long. Might work and save some $$ for other stuff like gas to cruise around.;)
Tim

Latest posts

Back