flame thrower problem.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just did the autoloc flame thrower kit in a customers 41 olds straight 8 cyl...the kit seems to be working,but we just dont get enough flame....its only about a foot or so...the reason i say the kit seems to be working is because when we hit the button the plug sparks and the motor wants to stall......anything i need to do to get more unburned gasses to flow through???:confused:

You probably have as much as you will get- maybe a bit more but not much. If you are looking to run huge flames, the AutoLoc product isnt going to work for you- its for smaller flames well under 20ft. You will need to run a system with gas, coleman fuel (or kerosene) and CO2.

The systems that run off the engine like you have put a ton of stress on the car.

Id be happy to put you in touch with the Flames R Us guys from the East Coast if you want so they can look like this-LOL

P6171673.jpg

yes i have 2 old style non resistor plugs one in each tailpipe used the plug extenders (non oil foulers i think you call them) cut them in half drilled a hole in the exhaust and screwed the plug in from outside the tailpipe to the cut piece inside the pipe

Latest posts

Back