Hello, from Northern Cali

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeagley

Well I guess its time I introduce myself. Ive been too busy reading through the site to really write much. My name is Cole, I'm from Orangevale, CA(about 30 miles west of Sacramento). I'm 29 and have been wrenching on cars since I could pick up a wrench. I have had fast cars, big trucks and lately been collecting up hot rod projects. I have been building 4x4 rock crawlers and competition buggies for 10 years and am bored with it. The only thing that excites me these days are old cars and trucks. My grandpa and I hit every swap meet possible and I bring home stuff every time. He has a '32 Ford 3 window coupe that he's had since the fifties, so I have been around hot rods as long as I can remember.
My projects are:
1957 GMC 2 ton C.O.E. Its complete and runs. I want to put a Cummins diesel in it some day and make it a car hauler.
I have 2 1930 Buick 4 door sedan bodies. One is a model 45 and the other is a model 61. Bodies are very complete but wood is gone. Those will be fun. Im still collecting parts for those. All the Buick people say im crazy for attempting to build them. I think they are just mad that they will be hot rods.
I have a 1929 Chevy 1/2 ton truck that was my dads in high school. He sold off a lot of the parts when I was young, but im about to buy a solid '29 chevy truck missing just the rear of the cab, which I happen to have.
My most recent is a 1933 chevy 1/2 ton truck, It is almost all there. Im leaving all the fenders on it and maybe not even chopping it. Im going to put a 235 inline 6 in it and use it to drive me and grandpa to the swap meets. I will start build threads on them when I start. Until then, I will be reading and absorbing info. I'm a member of another "rat rod" fourm, but this place seems way more my style.

SAM_0853.jpg

SAM_0852.jpg

Here is my 57 c o e

This is my 29 Chevy pickup. I'm buying another 29 missing part of the cab to complete this one.
SAM_0684.jpg

SAM_0685.jpg

Welcome form the NW

It is great you found RRR. The folks here are very cool, talented, inspiring etc. Don't you think you are being a little selfish having 2 Buicks. Just kidding. I was at a cruise last weekend and a fellow behind me had a very beautiful '31 Buick 2 door sedan. I looked stock except for stance and wheels. It had a big block and was as quiet as a church mouse when it ran. Those Buicks can be cool. Have fun and start that build thread so we can follow along. Later Steve

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I like it here. Lots of info and people willing to help out. I can't wait to start on the Buicks. I have a couple other projects in line before I can go all out on them. I compete in rock crawling comps with a Toyota tube buggy I built and I'm in the middle of rust and pannel repairs on my 72 Blazer. Once my comp season is over I can get the Blazer assembled so I can start on the Buick and my 33 Chevy truck. I will start them both at the same time. I have the help of my girlfriend to bent all the square tube they both need. She can weld too!! Can't wait to show all of you the builds!

Welcome aboard Cole! Nice collection of tin ya got there. [cl

Also I couldn't help noticing something about your Grandpa :D

My grandpa and I hit every swap meet possible and I bring home stuff every time. He has a '32 Ford 3 window coupe that he's had since the fifties, so I have been around hot rods as long as I can remember.
My projects are ...........

........would love to hear more about this one and see a pic of it too. :cool:

Yep, grandpas got a 32 Ford. It might be alittle shiny to be around here, but here it is. I need better pictures of it once it's out of the shop. It's almost drivable. I think deep down inside he's afraid to finish it.
F36A125A-E3C6-4BAF-B3DF-E037D95C7AEA-21256-00002C5CEA347816.jpg

4E415246-5BC9-4D44-8574-7ABAB5AFA942-21256-00002C5D016BBE99.jpg

I grew up with it sitting right there in that spot in black primer with the fenders off sitting on original cheater slicks and bias ply skinny goodyears in the front. I fell in love with hot rods at a very, very young age. It was painted about 8 years ago. It has a 1963 Chevy 327 in it.

Latest posts

Back