Simple hood latch

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutman

I build this today. I extended my front suspesion 8" so the old hood latch location had been cut off. I still needed a way to latch the hood. I used the factory VW hood latch for my project (VW Roadster). It is a simple design and if you choose you could have the pull inside the cab. Inside the cab is the way the stock VW is set up. I'm sure this would work for many applications... and cheap!

hoodlatch001.jpg

hoodlatch002.jpg

hoodlatch003.jpg

hoodlatch004.jpg

Also got all the soft brake line mounts moved and the brakes all hooked up today too. Didn't do a dang thing around the house all day... my wife is gonna kick my.... Doh! She is pulling in the drive way... gotta go!

Last edited:
I was gonna go that route as well, but needed a new latch and this was cheaper for me. the vw latches tend to stick from time to time if the alignment is off a little. The VW latches are available from speedwaymotors btw.

I just ordered this one for $18.95:

BCTR2.jpg

No problems so far with mine sticking. I had the latch and some scrap sheet metal, so no money out of pocket... that's a good thing. But I am positive that whatever Bulldog does is gonna be sweet and unique.

For complete build thread:
http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18443

I also have some as a link in my signature on this site (same pics but not as many).

For wheels... they are GM 8" outer ring with VW centers.

Latest posts

Back