Wood is good.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished temp installing of the old planks.
Got out my electric hand planner and finished shaping the outer side of the new chine. That the piece thats raw mahogany.
Put the old side plank and chine cover on to check for fitment.
I will finish up the bow end of this tomorrow if my hands and back feel like it.:eek:
Then on to the other side.
keep on keeping on...
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_7386.jpg
    IMG_7386.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7389.jpg
    IMG_7389.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7391.jpg
    IMG_7391.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7393.jpg
    IMG_7393.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7399.jpg
    IMG_7399.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7400.jpg
    IMG_7400.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
A balmy 20 degrees in the shop today but I finished up shaping the port side chine. As per usual I reinstalled the old side, lower planks as well as the old (Holy.[ddd) chine cover. Fits well.
On to the other side.
Keep on keeping on.....:D
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 8
I like it cool in my shop but's to cool for me. Cabin fever must have been getting bad hey Torchie. Like they said glad to see you back at it.

Dang that's cold in there. Where is that hot coffee. What they said to. :)

I like it cool in my shop but's to cool for me. Cabin fever must have been getting bad hey Torchie. Like they said glad to see you back at it.

LOL. You could call it cabin fever.:cool: I'm good out there until I drop the third screw and then the gloves have to come off and my hands get cold.:eek: [ddd :D
Going to be a quiet day today as my BPs are running real low.81/56:eek: There was concern at my therapy this morning but I made it through.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Geez Torchie, that is pretty low...you better be careful bending over to pick up those screws, next thing you know you'll be passing out with BP that low! Be careful!

Geez Torchie, that is pretty low...you better be careful bending over to pick up those screws, next thing you know you'll be passing out with BP that low! Be careful!

A concern for sure, BillM:eek:
I'm not on any BP meds to lower my pressure and haven't been since Sept.
I have a cardiologist visit set up for next week. Maybe he can shed some light on this. The interesting thing is that the nurses at PT said that a lot of people were having low BP issues today. Must be the phase of the moon.:p
Torchie

Spent more time getting out into the shop then I did in it.
Started on the Starboard side bottom. Seems like I just did this.:eek: :p
That's going to be it until I see the Cardiologist on Wed. Can't work bending over with this low BP stuff going on.:eek:
A frustrated Torchie.....

Attachments

• 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2
Torchie for a man with a butt load of medical issues you are one of the hardest working persons I know.

Torchie for a man with a butt load of medical issues you are one of the hardest working persons I know.

I agree times 2 !!!

LOL. You should have seen me back in the day.:eek: Of course there are those that would say the way I used to work is the main reason I'm in the shape I'm in now.:p[ddd These days it's fits and starts of working. Just can't sustain it.
Torchie

Don't throw in the towel Torchie. Hopefully the cardiologist can get you fixed up. How often do you see the clinician to get your PM checked? Have they made adjustments lately?

Don't throw in the towel Torchie. Hopefully the cardiologist can get you fixed up. How often do you see the clinician to get your PM checked? Have they made adjustments lately?

I see them every 6 months BillM.
So I saw them last in the fall.
I not hooked up to one of those in home monitors so we have to do it old school where I go in.
The metal roof on my ouse wouldn't let the RF thingy work.:eek:
Pulse rate has been steady. Just the BP readings are low, so who knows.[S
Not to be morbid.... Every time I see my cardiologist I ask him if it's time for a DNR(Do Not Recessitate) order. So far he hasn't concurred.Last time he claimed I was going to live to be 82.:D
We will see what happens this time.[ddd
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Two surefire ways to increase my blood pressure:

1) A crying baby in wail mode.
2) Wife's voice turned up to full nag.

Seriously Torchie, I often say, "It's important to keep a positive attitude". You are the poster child for that wisdom, no contest.

Two surefire ways to increase my blood pressure:

1) A crying baby in wail mode.
2) Wife's voice turned up to full nag.

Seriously Torchie, I often say, "It's important to keep a positive attitude". You are the poster child for that wisdom, no contest.

Isn't that the truth, hope they figure out what's wrong Torchie. Keep on Keeping on.

Latest posts

Back