"A" '28 '29 Tudor Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re

I plan to build a basic cage pickup style with sheetmetal handfabbed body around it. I fimally got the suspension I wanted last week from a 79 f100 with 9"rear. Have my tubing ready to cut just working out fimal dimensions. Looks like your on the road! Congrats! It looks killer!
No problem, and thanks!! That's really cool that my build has "inspired"!! This is my first frame-up build, and I've learned a ton along the way. Just doing it, is the only way for me to learn. I did know how to weld before I started, but I'm much much better now!

What are you going to do for the rest of the body on your build? Sounds interesting!

Thank you all!

Seats turned out better than I expected, and it wasn't that hard to do!

Thanks, everybody!

A year has passed, and I've finally made progress on the title!! After inquiring with the DMV, because I hadn't heard anything for a year, they told me my paperwork had been sent back to them. They had all the correct information for me! Instead of the the State putting the correct address on it, or attempting to call me, they decided to do nothing!

Well, after letting them know I'm in a hurry now, because the car is about done, they seem to be taking some action! A State Trooper came out to look at the car and affix a Colorado issued VIN to the car. I then had an appraisal done.

Tomorrow I will purchase a surety bond from my insurance company which is based on the appraised value. Then I'll be ready to submit more paperwork to the Sate. Supposedly, then they send a temporary "Rebuilders Certificate". Then another certified VIN inspection will be done...hopefully the last step in the process! Still lots of "I don't knows" and "I'm not sures", so we'll see what happens!

Might not take this approach next time!

Looks great man! It has to feel great driving that thing around! Where is the video of this rod on the street? I know you have some! I can't wait for car show weekend!!!!!

Received the Title and put plates on the car last week. What a relief, that process is done. It's finally registered and insured!! The car has been running great, and I've put about 500 miles on her. Still tons of little tweeking to be done...including the tranny!

Got the grill dialed in this weekend. I'm happy with it. I think it brought the whole car together.

Here's some poser shots!

Thanks everybody!!

Glass is in[cl! I guess I consider the car done now. Just in time! I'll be showing it next Saturday at the Moab Car Show. I'm new to this, so I'm interested to see how it goes.

Looks awesome man! I like the tinted glass. Did you get it set up to open the front windows yet?

I can't wait for Moab this weekend!

With all the rain Colorado has been having lately, I was forced to get the roof done. I was sick of not driving it! I made it removable to make things easier in the future.

Next on the list...wipers!

Well, it's still raining...... and the wiper has been installed for a few months now! I ended up using an '89 Wrangler wiper arm/linkage pivot, which I manually crank.

Put the car in the "Wings and Wheels" show this past weekend at the airport. It's a pretty cool show which features Cars, and Planes, with an airshow as well!

I was surprised and totally stoked when I was awarded "Best of Class" in the Custom class! Awarded cars were then displayed in Vail the following day.

Latest posts

Back