around the shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
made a little more progress on the chassis over the last couple days. been busy with other small projects that too away a lot of time from this one.
made the center K member / trans mount

and modified some F1 shock mounts to work on the front. machined some threaded bungs, welded them into the frame, counter sunk the bolt holes and used some countersunk allen head bolts

been super busy finishing up some small projects around the shop. now that they are out of the way, i can get back on the truck chassis. started making the ladder bars. using old wishbones for the tubes. i a, really liking the way they are coming out. still need to sand blast them and some more filing. but you get the idea

That's really lookin great [cl
Who's axles are you using?
photo%2056_zpsb78bnjnp.jpg

very nice.. i really like the rivet look detail you have been doing adds a lot to overall finished product

So well-built and highly creative to boot.

BTW, I just found and watched the video with you, Yokam, Bleed, Shine and others building a Model A sedan. Enjoyed it a lot.

motor mounted, and making some cool little mounts

As I was reading this, I was thinking, "If cornfield customs thinks they're cool little mounts, they're going to be AMAZING!!!"

...they are

If I were at a different stage in life, I'd move up there today to learn from you.

-Chaz

been super busy at the shop lately. was packed out a couple weeks ago with quick in and out jobs. had 13 cars in shop at one point. here are a few things that have been happening
hand made fan shroud for a customer that sent me some sketches and measurements for his needs. fan ring splits and is removable for easy instal

had a 29 model a sedan dropped off for metal work, chop, channel and fit to the chassis he had already bought

as it came in

http://s71.photobucket.com/user/igg...85_7060146926744543784_n_zpsj41bplup.jpg.html

11139392_856797437690185_7060146926744543784_n_zpsj41bplup.jpg
[/URL]

starting to get things into shape

gas tank removed, dents in fire wall hammered out, and tank top put back on

also getting started on the Wyke 32 sedan. i will do a build post on the car when things really get moving

and the mchorter chassis came off the table to make room for the new chassis build on the table

so now comes the repairs, had to take off the door bottom and get things back to where they should be. measured off a stock door to make sure this one is the right size

got the inner structure fixed then moved onto making a new door skin. used some body sweeps to get the same shape into the new skin. used the english wheel to put the shape in the skin, bead roller to turn the hemmed edge, and hammer and dolly to set the hem

http://s71.photobucket.com/user/igg...82_1521195487879769416_n_zpsuepwhgeo.jpg.html

got the skin cut and tacked to the door at the top. just need to tig weld it up and hammer it out

and got the hinges swapped over to the new used passenger door, the door top was bad so i cut it off, i will be using the door top from the original door. no big deal since the car will get chopped

Latest posts

Back