1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Golds truck certainly looks well done and I thought I would like the long Mercury/ Monarch front end on there better but no, yours is the best Torchie, by quite a bit. You can add my vote to the ever-growing pile of fans of yours.

You are right about the rear of the cab gold. looks kind of funky.
I am not sure they even know what they have as it is described as a Monarch front fenders and doors mated to a truck cab and box.[S
Looking at how well the Rushton custom is proportioned just makes me admire it all the more.:)
I have lots of inspiration to finish mine gold. Just not sure I have the horsepower anymore.....
Torchie.

Attachments

• Jack-rushton-1941-ford.jpg
    Jack-rushton-1941-ford.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 16
One step at a time brother keep plugging on it. You'll get it finished.
As we get older it just seems like it takes us a couple of short steps to do things.

KEEP TWO STEPPING & DOUBLE CLUCHING!!!!!!
[cl[cl[cl[P[P[cl[cl[cl

One step at a time brother keep plugging on it. You'll get it finished.
As we get older it just seems like it takes us a couple of short steps to do things.

KEEP TWO STEPPING & DOUBLE CLUCHING!!!!!!
[cl[cl[cl[P[P[cl[cl

Thanks POPS. Just can't seem to get ahead of these health issue anymore. Saw the guy that did the 2 angioplasts and the stent in my real leg today. Time for a bypass on that one now. Of course the big concern is weather or not the heart can take the stress of any more surgeries. Plus they have got to find an artery that they can use.:eek::D But he says that at the rate the artery is closing off in the leg in less than a year that leg will be gone as well with out the bypass. Needless to say there is going to be a big Drs confab in the near future to figure out what they can do......
In the meantime I just keep on keeping on.:)
Torchie

I'm still praying for you man. You have definitely had more than your share of problems. Hope they can figure something out to help.
Keep the faith!

I'm keepin' a good thought for ya' Torchie.

As for the car/truck in the ad, they needed to round the back of the doors and use just a bit more of the back of the truck cab, then it would look like your inspiration. All that said, you are doing yours right. YEA! [cl

Sorry to hear you are having more health problems Torchie. Wish we lived closer so we could help out. I really would like to see your truck one day.

The best laid plans.......

All the new brake parts are in so since it is a sunny day here I thought that I would go out and blast the backing plates. Well believe it or not since I haven't put any heat into the shop since January everything is froze up.[S :D
Just checked the temp and it is a balmy 13 degrees here.:eek:
Guess i will have to come up with a plan B or C or ........
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0632.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 23
You need to move!!!!
It was 81 here coming home from the Drs. office at 3:00.

Lo tonight of 2 POPS. Looking ahead in the forecast it's going to be cold for a little while yet

Torchie; sorry to hear about the health issues. Keep plugging at it. I give anyone who has to put up with such long cold winters lots of credit.

I used to enjoy the winter kenny. Not so much now.....

You make me cold just talking about it.:D Been in the 80s and 90s around here.

Yeah. The daughter in Orlando calls me to rub it in all the time smallfoot

I don't mind the cold so much. Its the damn snow!!

We had more snow last winter super(Record snowfall) This year we are going for record low temps. They both suck.......

I am supposed to head off to my friends shop to finish up pressing in the shackle studs tomorrow. Remember how I mushroomed one. Well I also mushroomed the 2nd one.:eek: So I bought to more and sent it off to the shop to be pressed in. Well they mushroomed one as well. :eek: :D So they bought 2 more. Going to ream out the eye this time so that they are tight but not impossible to press in. Once this is done I can start to assemble the front end and get the truck back on 4 wheels.
Thanks for stopping by....
Torchie

Well, at least you know it wasn't something you did wrong :p
What's actually holding you in Northern Michigan [S :)

Two elderly parents. 3 old dogs and no money to spend on winters some where warm OI. Plus I'm stubborn as all get out........:D
As I have said before. Winters never used to bother me. Just the past 2 have gotten to me. So obviously it's time for a change. We shall see what the future holds.
Sunny but cold again today. Still hoping for some shop time this afternoon.
Torchie

Good afternoon spent in the shop.

Made it over to my friends shop and ACTUALLY got something accomplished.[cl
The 41 Ford has a cross steer system so there is a long tie rod as well as a drag with a total of 3 adjustable tie rod ends.
Pics 1-5. Got all the old ends out. One needed the help of the flame wrench. Put 2 new ones in and due to my error had to order one more. I thought that there were 2 with RH threads and 1 with LH Threads. Turns out it is the other way around.:rolleyes:
Also had to do a little press work on the long tie rods as it was starting to bend from people trying to turn the wheels with the seized kingpins.

More importantly I got all the new shackle studs installed.[cl :D
Pics 6-9. Used the brand new set of reamers from HF. It seems that tools from offshore have better quality cases than the tools that are in them. But they worked and that is what matters.:D
All four of the shackle studs are in. Two are for the spring and the other two are for the sway bar set up.
Plan for tomorrow is to get the spring put back on and perhaps the spindles as well.
Thanks for checking up on me.....
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 26