'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool.....Nice work and nice eng run stand...[cl You never cease to amaze me .... :D

Thanks Sarge. I hope things are going well for you.

This retirement thing is a lot of fun for me. I can do things now that I never could before. Seems like every thing was geared toward raising three kids that were productive, law abiding citizens. Now it's geared toward enjoying life a little.

I highly reccomend it!

jeeze that rev gave me the jibblies. [cl

I am a 4 cylinder guy at heart but the blippity blap idle of a cammed V8 just cant be beat.

Now that the holidays are over....

I installed a B&M ratchet shifter in the '47 and got rid of the column shifter handle. Much better.

Then this morning I pulled the cab off so I can get my stroker motor installed. I love it when a plan comes together. When I built this thing I installed terminal blocks when I did the wiring so I could pull the cab easily. It worked like a dream. 3 hours to get it off by myself.
By the first part of next week we will see if all that money I sunk into the 408 stroker was worth it. By the last of next week I'll probably need new rear tires. HEE HEE!

Attachments

• IMG_1466 (3).jpg
    IMG_1466 (3).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1470 (2).jpg
    IMG_1470 (2).jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1477 (2).jpg
    IMG_1477 (2).jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 44
Cab fenders and hood come off as one piece? I forgot, did you have some structure that holds the radiator support to the cab?

Lookin' sweet!

Thanks.
Yes, I did enough bracing that I could mount the radiator and fenders to be removed all together with the cab. A little planning worked out well.

Right On [dr[P[P[P

About time I think.

Every thing I do seems to require working on my other junk to get it done.
I got rid of my engine hoist for some unknown reason. Went to pull the engine with the skid steer but had to replace the battery to get it to start then a hydraulic hose was leaking.
Then decided I'd redo my fork extensions which took twice as long as it should have.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get the new engine installed.

Progress today....

I managed to get the engine swap done today. Hook everything back up tomorrow and I'll be ready to reinstall the cab. I going to put a fan shroud and electric fan on the radiator while it's easy to get to then button it back up.
It's going to be fun!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1492 (2).jpg
    IMG_1492 (2).jpg
    122 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 34
Fan and shroud installed. I got tired of tripping over crap so I spend most of the day cleaning up the shop and putting things away.
I hope to get the cab back in place tomorrow. Man I'm slow.

Attachments

• IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 23
Slow? I'm impressed that you can clean up the shop in less than a week, much less in "most of the day". I've been working on mine for 2 weeks and I don't think anyone could tell.

Interesting shot of the fan and shroud from inside the engine compartment.

As always, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

47 dodge

that looks similar to the truck on the cover of HOT ROD magazine with the radial airplane engine ........... very cool:D

Latest posts

Back