1934 Auburn build....my way

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can hear it now....

12/28/14….I got some help from my church brothers and we sat the body on the frame. She is officially in the shop and is starting to look like a project. I adjusted the body to go over the frame modifications that were made on it before I saved its life. I worked most of the afternoon on getting the door mechanisms loosened up and called it a day.

notice the rust out in the bottom of the passenger side doors. That is all I have to actually cut out and patch.

The church pastor......."are there any announcements"? Yes Mr. Hank the bigDog?...."Thank you Pastor...there will be a body lifting fellowship meeting at my house today at 5pm....I'll need 5 or 6 of my brothers there to help me bring my project to the next level....please wear your old clothing"... :D

big power

hank have 425 cad with400 trans behind low miles,have 500 front wheel drive motor trans is on also have 492 cad no trans 2 or 3 more 500's 580 782 2900 mangum ok robert akers thanks:)

Let the madness commence.
This is going to make a killer ride.
Glad to see you're on this. Good luck.
I can relate to working alone. Most of the time I like it that way
but it's nice to have a little help once in a while.

Pops...in case you haven't noticed....

Let the madness commence.
This is going to make a killer ride.
Glad to see you're on this. Good luck.
I can relate to working alone. Most of the time I like it that way
but it's nice to have a little help once in a while.

The Madness has already begun.....yeah...I'll be watching this too...[P

Ok fellas, I was at it again.
12/30/2014……….Started working on putting in the square tubing to stiffen the little jewel . I got doors squared and closing good so I put tubing in over the door on passenger side where the wood was missing. I continued down the passenger side. Next was the driver side. It had wood still in it, so it was pretty true to open and close. I welded in a stabilizer bar to not let anything move and started the removal over back door. I custom fit that one and moved on to the front door. All went well. Tomorrow the back and top.
12/31/14…..Back at it today and starting with the wrap around the back and under the rear window. Time consuming because I used the chop saw to cut and bend the curves. I ythink they look good after I welded them back together. I added an extra tube to work as a package tray/divider for the trunk area. Not to sure yet, but trying to think through interior and seat placement as well as trunk . Everything is in m head straight, but not always the way it should be. We shall see.

Attachments

• tube 001.jpg
    tube 001.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 68
  • tube 002.jpg
    tube 002.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 65
  • tube 003.jpg
    tube 003.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 66
  • tube 004.jpg
    tube 004.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 62
I impressed with the speed in which you've been moving ahead!
At your rate of progress, if you are leaving the body patina as-is (perhaps with a few coats of clear?) and taking a break prior to building out the interior, I'll bet you'll be driving this by late Spring!

What a great car to start with! It's obvious it was a premium car in its day! The body lines, the suicide doors, the grill, etc. have outstanding design details and the roof line and height are such that I wouldn't chop it; it looks great as it is.

I'll be following your progress. I wish you the best of luck with this unique build!

Peace,
DrRick

Wow Hank, that is one beautiful car! Great to see you making such progress too...it's inspiring. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and keep us up to date. Keep up the great work.

Bill.

ok fellas,
I made a rode trip 6 hours one way and picked up a 425 caddy and 400 turbo trans and I also got a 500 Eldorado motor and trans in the dealings. It won't be long and I will have one or the other in the front of the little jewel.
I want to say that I met a fellow rat rodder on here and he and his lovely girlfriend and super people. It seemed like we knew each other when we shook hands. Just another reason I like this place so much. Family, like minded people that can tolerate ME.
Robert, you and sally rock.

ok fellas,
I made a rode trip 6 hours one way and picked up a 425 caddy and 400 turbo trans and I also got a 500 Eldorado motor and trans in the dealings. It won't be long and I will have one or the other in the front of the little jewel.
I want to say that I met a fellow rat rodder on here and he and his lovely girlfriend and super people. It seemed like we knew each other when we shook hands. Just another reason I like this place so much. Family, like minded people that can tolerate ME.
Robert, you and sally rock.

Funny what you will do when you think you've found that "special"
piece of the puzzle. 425 Caddy sounds good to me. Congrats.

I can relate to meeting the good people on this site.

Stay after it brother.

It has been busy around here this week and not in my shop. We have had to deal with medical mishap of a close friend as well as extended family problems. {I hate thieves, but I wont rant....yet}
I finally got the engines and transmissions unloaded after a three day delay. I have set the 425/400 in the frame to get a visual on where to put it. I am going to put the fenders and grill back on to make final adjustments for motor mounts this weekend hopefully. I know it ain't much, but it looks like progress to me and it has me excited about moving forward. At least it "looks" like I have done something by filling the void with a littlt ol' caddy motor. [dr

Attachments

• caddy motor 007.jpg
    caddy motor 007.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 57
  • caddy motor 006.jpg
    caddy motor 006.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 61
Looks like a perfect fit. Does it run? Are you going to build it?
I really like this build. Hurry up and get it done.
I'm coning through your part of the world again the 2nd week of June
and I want to ride in that thing.
No pressure.

Latest posts

Back