New guy from Southwest Okla.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrotten

Hi, I'm new to the rod world and putting the parts together for my first. I scored a 35 Dodge truck cab, a Toyota truck frame and suspension and I'm looking for a motor/tranny.This is going to be a very low budget build but safety is my #1 concern. I am a welder/fabricator by trade and have built many Harleys over the years but I really don't know a lot about Rods.I am not afraid to ask questions so I may wear some of you out with them.It will probably take a little time to gather all the parts, but once I do, it's on.Oh yeah, before I go any farther I would like to know if the term Rat rod is taboo here.At some other sites it seems to cause a stir and I don't want to start off makin the old timers here mad.

You can say almost anything here. (no cuss'n)
We are thick skinned otherwise. And like about anything with a motor.
Welcome to the site.

Hello,
Welcome to the site. I am new to the site as well. I have been around hot rods a long time. There is no offense for using the name "Rat Rods". When I was young we called them hot rods. Most of them where the same name as rat rods, just not finished. We as a group built them out of parts from the junk yard as we had money to trying and finish them. Couldn't afford paint so used primer, did not have money for custom roll & pleat, so in South Texas, here comes the Mexican blanket. "A rose is a rose". The only difference between now and then is we didn't know the name and thats they way they came out, now rodders spend a lot of money to get that look. For what that explanation is worth.
Sharkster

Welcome aboard, post up some pics of that cab man:D
Being a welder/fabricator don't be surprised if ya don't get a few questions asked of yourself[ddev:D
Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.Once I get started, I am gonna ask a lot of questions and i can already tell that i'll get the answers here. I already like it!

Latest posts

Back