BMW V8 powered T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking into, and agreed it would be a good idea to go over the previously flux core wire welds and reflow them with a TIG for better penetration. With help from my Boss & Friend we reflowed the welds, added gussets and brackets and misc metal bits to mount stuff to. My first time TIG welding. Also needed to move the motor mount plates forward 1.5", now was the time.

Pictured is my friend showing me the basics:

a couple of ?'s

first i'll say this "it's your car do it the way you see it" i have built a few t's and some ford powered, some chevy and 2 vw powered. i am not a fan of the laid back grille. it doesn't flow with the firewall being flat. the '33 type would if you angled the firewall like a '33 car does. you also could have used one of the wide t shells to get the room for the intercooler. something else to think about, how about a sprint car grille and a turtle deck back. the cowl steering would look right at home too. now, not to sound like a complete ass, i just saw your thread, so it is a little late for these thoughts i know. you have done something not very many people would have attempted so kudos to you. like i said, if it makes you happy who am i to say anything.

The winter cold, rain & snow has officially crept in. Leaving motivation and progress wanting for warmer days. So instead I figure I can tackle quick little projects that might amount to progress in the long run.

Modified the Ford Mustang style throttlebody to bolt down to the jaguar supercharger inlet:

I was lucky to find a velocity stack adapter that fit in the scoop for the inlet size I needed, two unrelated pieces. Not sure what I'm going to do for a filter yet. I'm considering going thrift store shopping for a kitchen strainer mesh screen that can sandwich between the velocity stack and scoop.

The scoop is a cast piece made by ACE (Nick Arias), originally made by a company called Richies Dragmaster.

Last edited:
That braided wiring is artwork! Knowing myself, I'd end up having to troubleshoot a broken wire in a braided section... That would be my only concern. That's not a dig at all, I love the way it looks! [cl

Everything is looking great!

Todays little project. Mounted the boat seats on the tractor seat base:

Had a long test sit and found that I'll need to re-angle the pedal assembly, the clutch and brake pedals are just a bit too far upright.

Harley Davidson headlight visors:

Pushed it outside to blow off the dust, dirt & crap and clean up shop:

Now back in the shop, working on the pipes and heat shields:

Latest posts

Back