chopping a top

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SinnerS hot rods

Ok i have done alot of model a chops but i have noticed some guys using these square metal clamps when they do their chops and i want to purchase some of them but have no idea what they are called..
I assume they work just like a c clamp but i may be wrong..I have noticed guys using them on patch panels as well as if they hold the panel onto the car and in perfect allignment to where it needs to be on the car before they start welding can anyone help me?

They are panel clamps,but some call them butt weld clamps.Harbor Freight used to have them cheap but I think they are in store only now.Most of the fab places like Eastwoods and Dagger have them.

http://www.daggertools.com/m5/DBWC4--set-of-4-butt-weld-clamps.html

getthumb

Your welding skills are much better than mine but I personally don't care for butt clamps. They separate the pieces & leave a pretty big gap. That's how I became a burn through hole weldin' fool. I may not be the best welder... but... I can fill a burn through hole with the best of 'um!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Your welding skills are much better than mine but I personally don't care for butt clamps. They separate the pieces & leave a pretty big gap. That's how I became a burn through hole weldin' fool. I may not be the best welder... but... I can fill a burn through hole with the best of 'um!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I'm on the other side of the fence on this one, I think at times the gap is too small....
I kinda wish they were stepped so you could choose how much gap you like to fill [;)

You could just fab your own like I did. That way you can make them to your liking. :D

Attachments

• GMC 268A.jpg
    GMC 268A.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 60
  • clamp1.jpg
    clamp1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 59
  • clamp2.jpg
    clamp2.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Back