doing some intereior tin work on the Larkness Monster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

my buddy lewy dropped off the lark the other day to have me do some interior metal work on the car before bowling green. here is what we are doing

here is the car

in the shop ready for work

made a new piece to go around the pedals

removable transmission tunnel side panel

driver side sill plate

driver side door panel laid out ready to be cut out and bead rolled

door panel first fit, still needed a little trimming

cut an insert out of aluminum that will be engine turned and riveted to the door panel

the rear side panel laid out, cut and ready to bead roll

more to come tomorrow

more progress from today, sorry for the weird/ bad pics, it was hard to get good pics around the roll cage

got the package tray panel made

and the panel that separates the trunk from the cockpit

driver side rear side panel

and started engine turning the aluminum door panel inserts

Last edited:
That door panel is friggin' awesome! :eek: Heck, it's all awesome Mike. I would love to come to your open house next weekend but my schedule is so day to day and weather driven at this point that anything I do is spur of the moment.

got a little bit more work done on the Lark this afternoon

cut out and engine turned the insert for the rear separation panel

made the passenger side rear side panel, cut out and engine turned the insert

and i am going to make a nice looking fan shroud for the radiator and planning on incorporating this into the design as a coolant puke tank

got the car all finished up today, should be getting picked up in the next few days. i think it turned out super cool. definitely one of kind

made a panel that covers the hole in the floor where the shifter comes through

finished off the puke tank with a gromet in the top hole

now for the cool part, i was thinking solid aluminum door panels was a lot of silver, so i thought it would be cool to candy the engine turned inserts to match the yellow windows

so here it is all finished up

Yup, ya always make me feel like crap when I look at your stuff. Sooner or later I am just going to stop looking.....

What kind of wheel are you using in your drill press to do the turning?

to do the engine turning i use a 2 inch gasket remover roloc. it is like a scotch brite pad for your air angle grinder. i run a super slow speed on the bridgeport

Latest posts

Back