Miller 210 Help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35Mastr

Mastr Blastr
Everytime I tack a weld the gas will stay on till I hit the trigger again.Then it will stop.I dont know if this has always done this.I just noticed it the other day.Machine is about 2 years old with about 6 hours run time on it.I have just used to do tacks on sheetmetal patches.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

No, doesn't sound right to me. There is a solenoid that triggers the gas, sounds like it is acting up. Trigger should make the arc and the gas go together, and stop together.

Some welders have a 3 year warranty. Beyond that, there are welder repair shops where you can take it, or you can buy parts from them. It could be just taking the solenoid out, cleaning it up, may make it work.

We have the same machine George and it has been fantastic through miles and miles of welds. About 6 months ago we started losing gas so I called Miller. They had the opinion the regulator may be not sealing. So we just turn the valve shut everytime we are done for the day.

Your problem seems a little different. The hissing should stop when you release the trigger. I would call Miller and see what they say. Aside from wasting gas for you, there is probably no harm, but it is not right.

Don

I also turn tha valve off if I will be away from it for a while.But the hissing from the gun, I thought to be pretty odd.But if I just bump the trigger again it stops.

My 210 has been awsome ,only had touble because of durt buid up behind and beside the triger onced and i took it apart and cleaned it out and it has been great ever sence.kinda sounds like a wire is lose or something.

take the solenoig out and clean it out. look for any debris in it. i had to do this with my fresh out of the box hobart 210. i called the tech line and they told me to do it, unless of coarse i wanted to deal with sending it out and being with out it for a while so some one else could do the same thing.

take the solenoig out and clean it out. look for any debris in it. i had to do this with my fresh out of the box hobart 210. i called the tech line and they told me to do it, unless of coarse i wanted to deal with sending it out and being with out it for a while so some one else could do the same thing.

Cleaning with shop air?

That Miller 210 doesn't have a post flow feature so the gas should shut off when you release the trigger. If this is not happening the solenoid is bad. You can purchase a replacement solenoid for around 20 bucks. Just remove the side cover and pull out the old one and put in The new one. This is about a 10 minute job, two pipe clamps and a couple of screws.

Latest posts

Back