just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, couldn't resist.....[ddd:D

141915874_10157914797012005_2236211912920731515_o.jpg

How the heck do you snap a car in half like that:eek:??
A fellow airman in 1969 or 70 bought a repaired 68 Nova. When he got in a wreck, it did the same thing. All the welds broke. Across the floor, and windshield posts. I saw the pieces. Sadly, I do not recall whether the kid died or not.

How the heck do you snap a car in half like that:eek:??

High rate of speed. :eek:

Here's an ugly story: On a recently completed "expressway", a guy I went to school with decided to wind out his immaculate black Trans Am. Another car tried to cross the expressway and was struck by the Trans Am, which cut the crossing car in two. One can only assume, the driver didn't see the Trans Am, or misjudged the speed of the incoming missile. We'll never know, because he was killed along with the person on the passenger side... anyhow, my buddy and I happened on the scene shortly thereafter. Then, we could see the back half of the car hadn't moved very far from the point of impact and there was a pair of legs stickin' out. We watched as emergency personnel tended to what we assumed was a corpse, but no, she eventually emerged with assistance, virtually unscathed and was walking freely before we left.

By the way, it was days after the fact before we learned the Trans Am owner/driver was somebody we knew. It wasn't easily identified at the scene and he lived to serve some time in prison for his actions. :(

Latest posts

Back