Bedford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, I was worried that those massive guards with the huge rims they were covering might look ****ty with smaller car tires under it, so I chucked a guard over a 15" Commodore rim I had laying around and I think thats about the height I want too :) that way my guards will bend every time I go over a bump :) mmm... perfection!

then the next day I went over to a mates house with all the stuff I just ripped off because he has a panel van with the front ripped off he is fixing up (same chassis) and I got him to hold it all in place (kinda, sorta) while I looked at it. I was concerned about the shape of the guards versus the shape of the chassis rail at the front, but I'm thinking I have found a little more perfection here too as with a few creative cuts through the inner guard, it all should bolt up quite nicely! I will have to make a support bracket or two as well, I might even be able to use the factory bedford ones.

and the grill will mount easily too with a bracket built between the rails, maybe shortening the rails a few inches at the front just to get the guards to sit low enough so that when I'm on bump stops the tire will just miss the guard (10mm is legal I think.)

more pics..

Attachments

• DSC00289.JPG
    DSC00289.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00290.JPG
    DSC00290.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00293.JPG
    DSC00293.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00291.JPG
    DSC00291.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00292.JPG
    DSC00292.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 24
This part of the build, is fun, standing back and looking at what you may or may not do. It is hard to tell from the pictures exactly what you see there, but I can tell you are on the right track, because you are aware of the look you want with the tire fender combo. Those fenders are pretty big so they will be hard to fit, sitting down low. keep up the good work.

I figured I'd just chop off the guards what hits the ground and what chassis is exposed then channel the cab to suit :)

crazy man with angle grinder!!!

I have to get it sitting low, real low, otherwise I wont be happy enough with it to keep it

Latest posts

Back