Project Flat Back 49

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadRidesByDan

Bought this truck in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan 2 1/2 years ago out straight out of tall grass. The truck was complete and in great shape with little to no rot. Surprisingly the 61 year old lead base paint sure protected the body real well:D.
Had it at my dad's place for a winter then in spring he started the teardown and when I went up in early summer, we finished the demolition in 3 days.
Loaded it up on a trailer and brought it back to my place.

InternationalKB31.jpg

InternationalKB32.jpg

InternationalKB33.jpg

InternationalKB35.jpg

here was the tear done time at dad's.... I came hme with the frame, cab, and front clip.....everything else was given to a buddy's dad that was restoring a 47 IHC that needed the original parts.

IMG_6039-1.jpg

IMG_6041-1.jpg

IMG_6042-1.jpg

IMG_6043-1.jpg

IMG_6044-1.jpg

IMG_6045-1.jpg

IMG_6054.jpg

man I loved the look of that rig before the teardown.. Would have been really cool with a brake upgrade and a 4bt cummins diesel swap:D

Cool truck, looking forward to progress..

Looks like you have a nice platform to start from. What are your plans with it?

here is the suspension Im going to use for the frot of the rod.....it came out of a 2003 Crown Vic ex cop car

A15.jpg

A16.jpg

A24.jpg

this is close to what the wheel is going to sit with the CV suspension

I had CNC plasma cut new rail pieces for the rear half of the frame.
Big difference in drop from the original and the new railes ....also shorting the wheel base by 15 inches

IMG_6299.jpg

starting to put the pieces together

A26-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back