My 52 IH Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well got my box done and am startin on the motor. Got a 355 flat top that used to be in my racecar. Gettin it cleaned up and back together. Gonna put a pete jackson geardrive timing set in it that I had in a previous race engine. I cant wait to put the tunnel ram on it and see how its gonna look.

Well got motor done couple weeks ago and finally got it in and mounts welded in today. It looks pretty dang sweet sittin in there. Ill get a couple pics up as soon as I get my camera back from the shop. Soon I can get steering box in and finish column and front end.

Heres the pics. 355 with tunnel ram, twin 2bbl motorcraft carbs. Got her all in and bolted down Sat. I put the bigger tires on also, gives it a better stance.

Attachments

• IH ratrod 017.jpg
    IH ratrod 017.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IH ratrod 019.jpg
    IH ratrod 019.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IH ratrod 023.jpg
    IH ratrod 023.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IH ratrod 022.jpg
    IH ratrod 022.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 45
Well, just a little update on the build. I got the radiator, trans cooler, electric fan and grill shell all mounted. Repainted grill to match rest of truck. Got some new headers from speedway and got em installed. Got body mounts welded in and cab bolted down. I need to cut floor for driveshaft tunnel yet and wanna get it running soon. Kinda at a stand still on steering until I find mustang box. I got the origional from the truck mocked up so I can move it around, I might use it yet. I wanna get it outside this week and take some pics.

In answer to your ? bob...no I wont make it this year. Been wantin to go up with the A but I host a cruise in here that weekend.

I got a few days off last week and got some time to clean out the shop. I got the IH outside and was able to stand back and see what it looks like , I'm very pleased with the "look" it is. Cant wait till I take 4" out of the roof, I think it'll look sleaker. I gotta get the engine fired and then I think I'm done for a while, funds are low and summer to do list are gettn bigger. I took some pics for ya all to enjoy.

Attachments

• IH ratrod 030.jpg
    IH ratrod 030.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IH ratrod 025.jpg
    IH ratrod 025.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IH ratrod 026.jpg
    IH ratrod 026.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 27
  • IH ratrod 027.jpg
    IH ratrod 027.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IH ratrod 028.jpg
    IH ratrod 028.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IH ratrod 029.jpg
    IH ratrod 029.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 26
Well, finally got back to working on it again. Spent last couple weekends completely rebuilding rearend. Put in 3.70 gears, went thru the posi and put in all new bearings, brakes etc. Got it put back in the truck today. Next is driveshaft and start on the steer box. Man I hope this winter is a succesful one so I can get it on the road this coming summer. All that piddly stuff takes time.

Latest posts

Back