1956 F100 Angry Bird

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super - It is the concept I was looking for, but I will need to see if I can come up with the below deck mount. May have to fabricate a side or back wall to fasten it to. Right now, it is workable as a deck lid. However it is 24x24, so not real convenient for lifting or setting aside.

Thanks! John

A simple 'L' shaped channel should take care of that, they offer a 190 degree swing... I don't think it is spring controlled though.... I'm not sure what the max range on the current bracket I have is though.....

So I used a Euro style hinge for the small stow lid. Plus put a cam type lock on it, so a little aligning to do, but good to go on that one.

I put a lift tab on the large side lid and it is manageable as a lift out hatch for now, but will continue to pursue the hinges that CC suggested. It would be the biggest expense of this little project!

The little side door is for accessing the RH air bag shutoff valve.

I screwed down the rear tire door (middle rear) until I figure out the hinge situation.

Nice to get it back together and especially like the below deck storage container.

John

Attachments

• 1 Solid hickory T&G flooring for bed.jpg
    1 Solid hickory T&G flooring for bed.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2 Pull strap to lift.jpg
    2 Pull strap to lift.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 3 Hatches lifted except spare tire panel.jpg
    3 Hatches lifted except spare tire panel.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts