1949 F-6 Project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

project40

Well I have some pictures in my intro here http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1498 but I figured its cleaner to have one project thread instead of an intro thread so here goes.

This was a 1949 Ford F-6 dumptruck I purchased for $175 with title. Here it is to start.

IMG_1604.jpg

Doesn't look too bad but it was full of bugs, mice and other crap not to mention rust. Strip the cab and you're left with.

IMG_1688.jpg

So I get to work on the cab and come to realize the roof is not worth saving so I get the RPU suggestion from a good friend of mine. I also purchased a 4X4 S-10 to transplant the cab onto. Yeah I know 4X4 ;) but it won't stay that way. Anyways the S-10 frame is wider than the rear opening on the cab so I got to work on fixing that.

IMG_2591.jpg

So thats it for now. My big push it to get it on the frame and out of the garage to make room for the winter project but we'll see what happens.

Drug the body out to the frame and pushed it up on. I didn't take any pics yet but they are soon to come. This project is on hiatus for now. I begin project shoebox real soon :D

Latest posts

Back