1940's dodge mounting points

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onemintcaddy

Howdy,, I'm in the process of building A fraim that will go under my 40 dodge truck. The problem I'm having is the truck is 75 miles away and I won't be getting the truck till late Dec. I need to know what the dementions of a stock fraim and mounting points are so I can make my Z drop fraim. Hate to make it to short or long and need to lop it off. If somone could point me in the right direction that would be grate. Thank's Guy's

someone else on here suggested allpar.com to me and they have a lot of good dodge info on there. might be a good place to start.

Even with dimensions, I think you are making a huge mistake doing a frame without having the body sitting right there in front of you. So many variables that even with the body on hand sometimes things don't line up or you miscalculate room for things.

I know you are anxious to get started, but you have no way of setting up ride height, etc without it being there. JMO.

Don

Last edited:
Even with dimensions, I think you are making a huge mistake doing a frame without having the body sitting right there in front of you. So many variables that even with the frame on hand sometimes things don't line up or you miscalculate room for things.

I know you are anxious to get started, but you have no way of setting up ride height, etc without it being there. JMO.

Don

I agree. You need to mock up everything you can to get the overall look you want....not to mention little stuff like getting steering and pedals in the right place.

I'd wait until you have all of your major pieces before you cut the first piece of steel for the frame.

Good point on getting the pedals in the right place. My first dodge I never chopped the top, There for there was no need to set up the pedals for my hight. It's hard to put things on the back burnner. Thanks Guys

Latest posts

Back