32 Ford Truck Rat Rod Build- Start to Now

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just don't know, i really think you could do better, so send that project to me, and you try to do better next time....ha ha:D

just jokin about the doin better part, not so much about the send it to me part! -that thing looks awesome, i can see alot of work from a talented builder in this one...:cool:[P

WOW! You are a talented fabricator. I am really enjoying this thread. I would like to see some build pics of that Merc too if ya have any.[dr

:)
WOW! You are a talented fabricator. I am really enjoying this thread. I would like to see some build pics of that Merc too if ya have any.[dr

Thanks, I'll look through my archives of pictures to see what I have of the merc so far...I know some are on 35 mm..remember them... and they are probably still on the camera...I think I may have some on the computer...it may take a couple of days before I can round them up...I"ll post a new thread once I find them...I drilled 96 holes last night and drilled another 192 tonight for the headers,I'LL post more pics in a couple of days....394 holes in total...ya it was worth it:):)[;)

I finished the headers..still have to put the high temp. paint on and bake them...getting close to tear down time for frame paint and final assembly but I will wait until after Christmas to do so...I have a brother inlaw that's coming here for the holidays and he want's to drool [dr on it before I tear it down...I still have to fit the gauges and put in the cab mounts so I can finsh mounting the steering colum...the cab mounts will lift the body up about a 1/2" and I don't want to weld in the colum support until it is sitting where it is suppose to.....I hope everyone is enjoying my build and I wish everyone MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR....shiney side down!!!:):)[;)

Attachments

• r169.jpg
    r169.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 142
  • r170.jpg
    r170.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 145
  • r173.jpg
    r173.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 144
  • r175.jpg
    r175.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 166
  • r166.jpg
    r166.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 134
  • r176.jpg
    r176.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 141
  • r186.jpg
    r186.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 160
  • r160.jpg
    r160.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 147
  • r162.jpg
    r162.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 135
  • r168.jpg
    r168.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 138
Bomber Gauges for the 32

Holidays are over...back to work!!!...I wanted bomber gauges for my 32 but the mooneyes and sw's are pretty pricey so I relied on my Ebay skills and snagged a new set of tpi gauges for a song and then bought some aluminum bezels with copper rivits on another purchace and put them together,scuffed them up and painted them satin black to give them that bomber look...I made an insert out of sheet metal, ground it down then clear coated it, added a few iddiot lights and WHAA..LAA....Bomber Gauges....I think they' will work just fine:):):)[;)

Attachments

• d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 104
  • d29.jpg
    d29.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 130
  • d28.jpg
    d28.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 133
  • d18.jpg
    d18.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 124
  • d17.jpg
    d17.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 135
  • d16.jpg
    d16.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 128
  • d9.jpg
    d9.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 133
  • d8.jpg
    d8.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 131
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 106
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 106
I like it

Yes I do, I like it a-lot, how long have you been building the truck, cause if your that fast you will be driving it next week :D Very nice work, the frame looks very nice and that cab was nice, keep up the great work. very cool will be watching this to the end. [P

Thanks for the Great Comments!!!...I started gathering pieces for this build for the last year and had the chassis mostly completed by the end of summer....I sold my other rat rod and then realized that I am going to have to get off the couch and do some work other wise this thing isn"t going to get finished by spring....mock up is almost completed and then I can tear it all apart again and prep and detail the chassis for final assembly....I still have some cool pieces awaiting for final assembly so you will have to keep checkin back to see the end result....I have it finished in my mind...and it looks pretty cool...just gotta keep on truckin:):)[;)[;)

Frame Painting Party!!!

Well... got the rod all torn down to get the frame painted...cleaned up the bottom of the cab, did some finish welding underneigh, epoxyed the bottom of the cab and undercoated it. I then sprayed the firewall with some army drab green...looks pretty coool....I got the chassis all ready for paint and had a party with ballons and everything....worked good for filling in the holes so I wouldn't get any paint in them....I painted the frame with por15 metal mask..directly over bare steel....looks like sandblasted cast almost...worked out pretty good..seams tough as nails...I then clear coated all the holes to give them that polished look.....I will post some picks of the actual finished frame later...forgot my camera tonight....still have all the suspension to prep but it's comin along...I'm putting way to much effort in this but it's lookin pretty coool...starting to get excided about finishing it:):):cool:

Attachments

• q4.jpg
    q4.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 134
  • e2.jpg
    e2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 134
  • e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 132
  • w9.jpg
    w9.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 156
  • w7.jpg
    w7.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 138
  • w6.jpg
    w6.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 134
  • w5.jpg
    w5.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 150
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 172
  • q8.jpg
    q8.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 127
  • q7.jpg
    q7.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 136
yeah that por 15 is some tuff stuff. did you build your hair pins I`m gonna build mine but havent seen anyones pics of how they did thiers. nice frame

Painting Suspension Parts

Been a long weekend prepping and painting and just clear coating suspension parts....got most of them finished just some odd ball stuff yet to paint...I hate this part...just time consuming...need to start building!!!I didn't have much time this past week to work on it so I thought I'd better get something done this weekend....hopefully start assembling some things this week...Can't drive it if it's in pieces!:)

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 88
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 83
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 104
  • f4.jpg
    f4.jpg