1936 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. My son thinks it's about ready, and when i told him i have to tear it down and finish welding the bottom of the cab braces he was bummed. I plan on having it done by the middle of Sept.

Well i got the headers mocked up. I think they are going to look OK. I have about $60 in them. A good ol boy locally gave me the 35-6 torque tubes for a section of a Model A frame. Also i found my grill. The guy i bought my truck from stopped by and we got to talking. I said " sure would like to find a grill for this". And his exact words were " i got the one for that truck". I was like son of a *****! Het got me for a little $$, but i didn't have to drive all over hells creation for it. He even delivered it.
36IHRatRod006-2.jpg

36IHRatRod007.jpg

The grill is gonna needs some tlc. Got a guy that will straighten the trim for me here locally. An ol street rodder/builder.
36IHRatRod005-4.jpg

I made some baffles for the pipes today. I used a 8" piece of 1 1/2 pipe and a air hammer and punched holes in it. Then took washers and drilled them and welded them to the ends of the pipe. Also welded a nut on the to make them removable. Battery's dead in the camera or i'd share a pic. Copied them from a member on the Hokey board.
Edit/Delete Message

The floors look great and I'm liking the look of the Lake headers. Question...what are you going to do to seal up the floor around the brake pedal?[S

Keep up the good work and get some pictures of those baffles posted if you can. [cl[cl[cl

Your makin good progress on the ol Binder.
It's hard to tell from the pics but will the steering arm clear the headers ?

Jim

steering box?

I saw that you said you were using a mopar box, which vintage is that. I printed off the picture of the pitman arm extension. I love what you're doing. I'm taking careful notes, and I'm just behind you. I'm working on the steering box and cab floor now. [P[P

Your makin good progress on the ol Binder.
It's hard to tell from the pics but will the steering arm clear the headers ?

Jim

Yes it clears the headers. The only thing that will be in the way ever is if the door comes open making a right turn, and if it does, i'm screwed anyways:eek:

Metorman, it's a mid to late 60's B body i believe.

Thanks for the kind words. I've been working on it very little the past 2 weeks. Been getting my 73 Camaro up and running. New power plant for it. AS 40 over 427 that should make 450-475ish.:D

steering box

One more question about the steering box, sorry to pester. Did you need to reverse the gears in the box or is it already set up correctly for this use? I'm looking at reversing my 1978 motorhome box or getting another one that is setup correctly already.
Is it manual? or power?
Thanks!:)

Last edited:
One more question about the steering box, sorry to pester. Did you need to reverse the gears in the box or is it already set up correctly for this use? I'm looking at reversing my 1978 motorhome box or getting another one that is setup correctly already.
Is it manual? or power?
Thanks!:)

Here is a link in which i followed. His is alot cleaner then mine though:rolleyes:
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297314&highlight=cowl+steering+column
No reversing needed.

Man, it's been a while. I've been busy working on other peoples junk. Trying to re-coop the kettle a little. Anyways i have a little progress report. I got my grill mounted and started my chop on the top. It's going to be about a 4" chop with the pillars leaned back. Still have to fit the pillars and door frames.
36IHRatRod034.jpg

36IHRatRod029.jpg

^^^thanks^^^^

Well made a little more progress tonight. Got the pillars in. That was a pain in the a$$. Took more time cutting and fitting than anything.
36IHRatRod004-1.jpg

36IHRatRod005-5.jpg

Latest posts

Back