1936 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
International

I like your truck. It looks like it is turning out well. Have you have a hard time finding International parts?

I am building a 1947 International Metro Van. Hope to have it runing soon.
www.XtremeMetro.blogspot.com

6167676335_1457b1ac51_s.jpg

I like your truck. It looks like it is turning out well. Have you have a hard time finding International parts?

I am building a 1947 International Metro Van. Hope to have it runing soon.
www.XtremeMetro.blogspot.com

6167676335_1457b1ac51_s.jpg

I imagine if i was to put it to it's original state, it'd be impossible to find all the missing parts. But honestly i was needing a grill and found it locally. I also found a bed locally as well.

Figured i'd better update a little. Went to the Pile Up and had a blast. Came home and picked up some tools and got a little busy. Finished up the chop on the cab. Still need to do the windshield. Picked up a 34-6 IHC bed for it locally. Couldn't believe it. It was being used as a trailer and a friend actually had it in the weeds. Got sitting on the frame, just need to notch it for the axle and make some mounts. Also picked up some rear wheels at a swap meet for $40. Picked up a B&M shifter at the Pile Up for $20. Made a new handle for the shifter. My boy was testing it out. LOL Not sure why the pics are fuzzy. Camera's getting out dated for sure.
36IHRatRod007-1.jpg

36IHRatRod012-2.jpg

36IHRatRod010.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks^^^^. Also got my latches in. I went with Speedway Bear claws. I wanted to be safer then the originals since my children will be riding along.
36IHRatRod011-1.jpg

Ty...looking good! Great score on the truck bed looks good. Your boy is going to have a blast riding around with you when you get it done. Chop looks awesome! Did you have any problems getting the latches in place? Any recommendations?

-Troy

Ty...looking good! Great score on the truck bed looks good. Your boy is going to have a blast riding around with you when you get it done. Chop looks awesome! Did you have any problems getting the latches in place? Any recommendations?

-Troy
Pretty simple Troy. You shouldn't have any problems.

Noting much to update. But i did buy a Model A cowl tonight for $50 with firewall. Gonna mate the bed with it for a future roadster pick up.

Well i guess i'll get back to working on my junk now. Had a little set back. I've been dealing with a lot of back pain the last several weeks. None of you know me personally, i think, but i have Cerebral Palsy in the left side of my body. It's minor compared the people with it through out there body. I have had it's since birth, now 40. But it creates scoliosis, in which i have that bad. I work a full time job at body shop and nothing slows me down, and i mean nothing. Until this episode i had with my left kidney. Basically i had a blood clot in my lower left kidney, causing severe pain and discomfort. I spent 5 days in the hospital for it. In the end i have a clean bill of health. Every tests showed that my health is in great shape. Clear heart, no build up of cholesterol. I basically gonna have to take a blood thinner the rest of my life. Should be cleared to go back to work on Tuesday. That's my update. Gonna work on it a lil this weekend to get myself back in full swing.

Latest posts

Back