Peterbilt 359

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
84pete, you have to have a "U" shaped wrench to get to the back bolt holding the compressor to the accesory drive. Cummins and others sell a special wrench just to get to that one bolt, it's a PITA. I have welded two or three scrap wrenches together to make one before but it's been a while since I fooled with a Cummins.

Are you sure it's the compressor dumping air into the coolant system? I've had them force coolant out that way, and it would be a injector cup seal bad or a hole in a liner. Sometimes the water will force it's way back through the injector return too, and end up in the fuel tank, and sometimes you also end up with fuel in the radatior that way. When the fuel overcomes the water, it blows out like a geyser, you refill and it's fine until the fuel overcomes the water again, then she blows again. Been there, done that!:eek:

I agree, tecster...lets see some pictures

Thanks for the tips bamamav. I screwed up when I took the adapter to the compressor off the accessory drive. The compressor is still held on though. I will make a wrench to get the compressor off the adapter but I still need to get the adapter off to get a new gasket in there. I'm assuming my problem is compressed air because it never spewed coolant until I messed with the compressor. Thanks again for the info! I'm completely new to these engines.

Also, thinking about driving it up to Minneapolis for the car craft summer nationals next weekend. Anyone been to that show before? It sounds like its a huge show, but I don't know how well rat rods will fit in??

Please do that. I'd love to see this thing in person.

this is one of the cooler rats i've seen. it would be on heck of a toy hauler if you had a gooseneck low boy and still had a 5th wheel. a rat to haul a rat or race car. do you usually drive it in high range when cruising around or just skip gears? awesome truck, can't wait to see what comes next.

Twoeheeletex I usually shift 3 5 7 9 but it takes a long time for the engine to idle down 600 rpm each shift.

I finally got the adapter and everything I messed up back together and am now just waiting on the compressor. I might make it to the show this weekend after all.

Bamamav you can see the wrench I made per your advice in the picture. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_20120717_163435.jpg
    IMG_20120717_163435.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 51
I saw your truck at the Car Craft show. How is it to drive? Did you drive it here from South Dakota, or trailer it? That would be an awesome race car hauler. Would be really cool a little bit longer and a sleeper on it! Nice job :)

Here are some pics of my White TD9500 at a local show

Attachments

• P1010418.jpg
    P1010418.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 117
  • P1010419.jpg
    P1010419.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 106
  • P1010425.jpg
    P1010425.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 111
  • P1010427.jpg
    P1010427.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 101
Hey MN73, yeah I drove it from Sioux Falls. It drove great. It's a little rough, I could use shocks in the front, but it steers tight and handles good. What a great show too! Did you catch that 52? Dodge with the supercharger in the bed shaft driven from the front?

Latest posts

Back