1953 dodge truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1953 dodge build

i did get the title for it and it is clean . and a wisconsin title will get the 1990 s10 after work tomorow. it has a 4.3 with five speed tranny a pick of my camo truck i put the plow on . thanks for the advice

Attachments

• 2012-05-29_17-56-28_808.jpg
    2012-05-29_17-56-28_808.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 14
1953 dodge truck build

well have s10 home took box off last night. my boss has a towing company. towed this in about a year ago. guy jumped a ditch with it drunk and just left the truck.both back rear cab mounts are tore out of the bracketts. but the frame is good . it has a 2.8 in it not a 4.3 but runs like a top. some one took the radiator out so had to get that today at junk yard and no keys so changed that can always change motor later or run the 2.8 . so the fun begins

53 dodge build

well thinking on getting started what kind of frame to look for to go fenderless what year any ideas thanks

Hey Jensen

If you can get your hands on a "Rat Rod Magazine" issue #11, there is a fellow from upstate NY that built a twin to your truck with an old (z'ed) S10 frame from an old stock car that he scrounged. He even put the old 80's style steel S10 bumper back on it and he built a visor for the windshield (to hide that Pilothouse tall cab) for it. It sits really low and looks really cool. The title of the feature is "It's Alive". It starts on page 74 of that issue. He really made a rather ugly duckling look rather sweet in my opinion at least. He also used a Jeep hood to cover the engine area.
With the S10 suspension you get a decent ride and the availability of parts from the local NAPA store is still very prevalent too.
Good luck with your project. I will be watching this build for sure.

MikeC

1953 dodge build

have the cab in garage what im asking is what frame to look for to run fenderless . not a very good welder so cant build one . what year truck to look for , to mount cab and box i get laid off in winter just like to make a roller for now it is a short box thanks

Latest posts

Back