Hot rod coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a hot rod coupe i started on.. Chopped it 3 inches and channeled it 3.. It will have a trunk deck unlike my previous builds and still have the 59 impala dash.. Custom frame.. Its coming along
will be a lot higher off the ground and not chopped as much by far as my others..

I am not a professional and dont claim to be.. i dont build rat rods for customers.. we are just a couple of guys having fun building rat rods in a garage.

Seen some of your stuff, sure would like you to build me something !

One question...............how is this a RAT ROD?

Lungs

Answer: I think you'll find that RRR isn't a strict institution by definition. It's sort of a land of misfit toys where quite a diverse group of vehicles are welcomed and enjoyed by many. The composite of these cars and trucks makes this forum a rare, special kind of place.

Well said Gas....Well Said...

Answer: I think you'll find that RRR isn't a strict institution by definition. It's sort of a land of misfit toys where quite a diverse group of vehicles are welcomed and enjoyed by many. The composite of these cars and trucks makes this forum a rare, special kind of place.

We don't dis anyone about any builds....shiny or not...lol

Very much agree with this! There is enough forums out there that exclude people for having certain rides, lets keep this open to all.

That has got to be the best answer I have ever heard - hands down [cl

Maybe just me, but I didn't read that comment as "he doesn't belong".

More like "That build is so freakin nice you are obviously a pro rod builder"

[cl

I didn't see it as a dis I saw it as a compliment. I wouldn't "label" it a rat rod either but then I call all of my stuff hot rods regardless of paint shine factor. [cl

Maybe just me, but I didn't read that comment as "he doesn't belong".

More like "That build is so freakin nice you are obviously a pro rod builder"

[cl

Wasn't dissing anyone. To many people jump the gun and go on the defensive.

Like some of your replies to leaving this forum open. I was open and I was asking a question, since RAT RODS do have a certain distinguishing appearance.

If you took this car to allot of the "RAT ROD" shows around me they wouldn't let you in.

Yes it is a nice build.

Wonder the dollar amount of that build versus rat builds?

Lungs

Haven't looked this thread over for a bit...but hoowee I do like what I see. The shade of red suits the car quite nice, really makes it stand out. Good looking car all the way around. Ya do nice work.[cl

No offense taken.. I post all my builds on here and have for years, 90 percent of what i build are rat rods so it was nice to show case this build here as "Hey just because we build rat rods doesnt mean we cant do something like this." As far as the dollar amount its a simple answer and this is very honest. Every car i build and you will ever see me build has a 15k budget to build it. This is minus the cost of labor. This car doesnt have chrome smooth wheels on the front to match the back because i ran out of money so it has steel spare wheels off old square body s10s on the front. Also same reason it doesnt have an ididit tilt column which i wanted badly but wasnt in the budget. The cd player came out of my truck.. It too wasnt in the budget..Keep an eye out on our next 3 or 4 builds for 2013 show season i think you will see more of what fits in here out of us

That's cool.....can't wait to see what's cooking next.

So after your builds do they go up for sale?

Or did you build this one for someone?

Lungs

Latest posts

Back