32 Plymouth Coupe. Let's get it on...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Crown

So guess what?

Remember my motherload thread, about an auction. Well, I was the highest (probably the only) bidder. I bid $___ much. :D

So Pops and I manhandled this thing on our own and got it on the trailer. Took it back to Ma and Pa's, where it will stay until the spring. I'll bring my dad a '49 Ford F68 for his bday and I'll pick up the coupe. I just don't have the room for it now, so unfortunately, I won't be very swift with updates or photos. But, I did manage to take some photos for you guys to cheer, cry or criticise.

I'm super stoked on this.

I think Gastrick's car really inspired me to go after this car, but all of you great builders on this forum should give yourself a pat on the back. Lots of great info here, which will keep me from crossing "the line" and using silicone. :D

There's some metalwork required, which will be fun. Building bikes can only go so far with metal fabrication. The driver's door is bent at the hinges, and needs some patchwork. The other door is almost perfect except for the dent. Roof is ok, some repairs and dents to fix. The floor in the trunk is almost perfect too. Firewall is neat-o. Fenders are fubar, and not going to be required for this anyways. The passenger side front frame horn? has some damage, and a crack, but I'd suspect it's fixable. The rest of the frame is rock solid, so that makes me happy happy.

Not sure on powerplant, but I know a guy in town here who has a 272 and a 292 Y-block for sale, so just to be weird and different, I might run that. Not sure what transmission to run with it, so if anyone has used a Y-block, which trans did you use?

The overall initial plan is not to chop it, but definitely channel it. Most likely a nifty 4-link for the rear, and not entirely sure on front end setup yet...still thinking...

I've got a budget in mind, but I'm certain to blow past it...but a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy situations are always good.

So, enough of my chit chat, here's some photos. The photos are decieving, the body is straight and solid, but I took these at 6 am this morning, and it's sitting crooked on some 6x6 posts...

Oh, and I'm still waiting to hear on that '34 Dodge Bros. 1 ton truck...:D:

photo40.jpg

photo42.jpg

photo41.jpg

photo43.jpg

photo44.jpg

photo46.jpg

Last edited:
So guess what?

Remember my motherload thread, about an auction. Well, I was the highest (probably the only) bidder. I bid $___ much. :D

The ONLY bidder? I knew I should have asked where that auction was. :D

Congratulations. Pour yourself a Mr Crown Royal. ;)

The ONLY bidder? I knew I should have asked where that auction was. :D

Congratulations. Pour yourself a Mr Crown Royal. ;)

Russell Manitoba.

Thanks Doc. When my dad and I were loading the car, some farmer asked me if I wanted a '32 Dodge coupe... "it's shorter" he said. Not sure if that's code for totally smashed in farmer lingo or not. Next trip I guess...:rolleyes:

Nice 1932 Plymouth PB coupe, I had a 32 PB rumble seat coupehad a weak moment and sold it, now I have a 31 Plymouth PA coupe.
Enjoy your build, keep us posted with pics.

Hey there, it's me again...

Nothing outstanding to report, just been doing some research, scouring for parts...coming up with a gameplan which will probably change at least a half dozen times...:rolleyes:

But, I've managed to secure a huge part of the drivetrain this weekend.

1961 Chrysler Imperial 413. 80k original miles. This thing is big. But not as big as the poo eatin' grin I had on my face when I brought it home. :D

Complete from carb to oilpan... I'm now on the prowl for a torqueflite 3 speed. Got a bead on an 8 3/4 rear end from a '69 Chrysler 300. Looks like I'll be eating kraft dinner and hot dogs for a while. :D

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

engine3.jpg

This is my favourite part about this engine...this thing was destined to be in a car like this, built by a guy like me, with a tonne of wisdom from guys like you...

enginecross.jpg

The car is still in Sask at my folks place, but Dad wants his '49 ford I bought him soon, so I might get to see the car sooner. I'll try and keep the updates coming a little bit quicker than the speed of molasses, but no promises.

Until then, stay well, stay safe and stay gold.

Latest posts

Back