32 Plymouth Coupe. Let's get it on...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I saw anomalie

I thought I saw anomalie so i ran it through NASA's photo restoration
It appears you're engine also has the HAMMER TIME stamp

enginecross.jpg

With a minute...I think I see something else!
lets look a little closer....

2.jpg IT LOOKS LIKE GOLD!....

4.jpg YUP! it's gold... GOLD03 [cl hidden talent XD

Last edited:
I have always been curious about something.
Why are wedge engines called that?Is it the heads or something else?
Always wondered about that.[S
Engine sure looks cool![dr

I think the 'Wedge' term was given to the Mopar B and RB engines in the early 60's to differentiate it from the Hemi engines since at one time there was both - a 426 Wedge and 426 Hemi - wedge referring to the combustion chamber shape as opposed to the Hemi combustion chamber.

Or at least that's what my Pappy learnt me.....[S

With the good comes the bad...

Got my fancy Cal Custom valve covers in the mail yesterday...sure look groovy on that old wedge...

CEC861DF-A651-4BB4-BC69-FC544203318D-2624-00000301AFBF0DD2.jpg

That was the good...

And now, the not so good... D'oh!!! :eek: Good thing it's all coming apart...

2265E7CA-025F-4AB0-93B1-FED250587DAC-2624-0000030160CBFC58.jpg

Oh man!!!

I'd be checking to make sure some valves are not bent too.....I'm not sure what piston to valve clearance Mopars run ....but I think one of the valves said howdy to the top of the piston...:eek:..JMHO>...

I'd be checking to make sure some valves are not bent too.....I'm not sure what piston to valve clearance Mopars run ....but I think one of the valves said howdy to the top of the piston...:eek:..JMHO>...

That's my biggest concern, but in the end, it'll all be ok. I'll just rebuild it. It's only money right?!?!

I set a budget of $4000 in parts for this build, and I had figured atleast a 1/4 of that woulf be spent on the engine alone...

you realize, the only way to do that motor justice is for it to be wearin dual quads when your done, right? :D:D carry on

you realize, the only way to do that motor justice is for it to be wearin dual quads when your done, right? :D:D carry on

You know it.

Dual quad intake and carbs sitting on the shelf at work. One of the heavy duty mechanics at work is a Mopar nut, and has had a 413 dual quad + carb setups in his garage for years. Sold it to me for $200. Woohoo.:D

wow , I can never find a deal like that at the right time .

I know!!! I usually miss out on the deals. Or, the deals come when I have next to no extra cash. Working two jobs has it's merits I guess. Sacrifice a social life for cool parts and time alone in the garage. :D

Latest posts

Back