1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the grime stripped down as far as I wanted. Got the lines drawn for where I need to cut but I want to pickup the new steel first. Should be dragging the ford over to the shop on friday to pull the engine and axles out. We'll see how well the weather works with me. For now, pictures!!!!

null_zps5470c0e1.jpg

null_zpsc10b6c8d.jpg

null_zpsc992dc27.jpg

null_zps99337c22.jpg

null_zps9c7ad020.jpg

null_zpsdaf6dec4.jpg

Today I picked up the steel to modify the rear of the frame along with make the body mounts. Dragged the pickup over to the shop and gutted her. That was the last time I will ever drive that pickup but that's okay. Pulled the engine and some of the front suspension components. Tomorrow I plan on pulling the rear axle and seeing just how low I want the frame to sit off the ground. Anyhow, a few pictures.

null_zps26999eb1.jpg

null_zpsa9968c5e.jpg

Got the passenger side frame rail finished up and started putting in crossmembers. The frame is coming along nicely. Tomorrow I hope to put in 2 more crossmembers in the z and maybe one more on the main portion of the frame. Anywho, more pictures.

null_zpsb8d87c53.jpg

null_zps18350241.jpg

null_zps74a41959.jpg

null_zpsa2c14156.jpg

null_zpsa8188b07.jpg

null_zpsfd94d9a5.jpg

Hopefully I can post some more progress tomorrow.

those springs look like they came from the front of your donor truck?

you may want to re-think using them, the typical rear spring in a sedan has a
weight rating of 100-150 lbs./in.

those front springs are likely to 400lbs./in. or stronger, way too stiff for the rear.

I'd post more pictures today but a chisel to the face gave me a 1hr trip to the e.r. I still got a lot done though. Rear end is now attached to the frame minus the lower spring perches. I'll try to make them on Monday when I go back. Right now, it's time for some Wild Turkey.

This ain't the first time that I saw my life flash before me in the garage. When I was 17 I was changing the trans mounts in my 65 VW bug and the car fell off the jack stands. Luckily I had my floor jack under the car still and it caught the car by none other than act of God cause it landed perfectly on the lower shock bracket. Anyhow, my "healing" takes place in the shop. Same with my therapy(PTSD and Bipolar). There's something about working with metal, taking something heartless, soulless and making it come alive with your own 2 hands. I'll post some pictures up tomorrow after I get the lower spring perches built.

I like your attitude man, drink a little, bang on stuff till it feels better.

once heard a body man/blacksmith, describe his job as "beating on sh!t with a hammer"

heal well, be safe, peace, love, and happy motoring.

Thanks man. You too.

Got most of the rear end done today. Only thing left is the panhard bar and really all that is is a couple of brackets. Then I can move onto the front suspension. I'm still trying to think of how I'll make the Chevy axle into a suicide front end. But that will come when I get to it. Once it's a rolling chassis I can drop the body down onto it, figure out where the engine and trans will sit and I'll be done with the chassis.

Endicott. You got me to thinking, I find creating things with metal is very therapeutic, so my theory is this 'creating anything gives your brain a sense of pride strong enough to trigger happy endorphins'. Even though sometimes there are little setbacks, in the end, when you succeed you will feel really good.
Keep on tinkering.

Latest posts

Back