46 ford truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merc52

So I had to restart my 46 ford hot rod thing. I sold the chassis I had built before
But when you get a offer you can't refuse you just gotta take it. I still got to keep my engine trans and cab.

So I have welded a new chassis as you see in the photo. I do have frame horns welded on not pictured. Cab is behind the chassis. Still plan to run my flathead and c4 trans and would love to get a 9 inch if I can find one with the right gears.
I would like to get a 4 inch drop axel in place of the stock 40?? Axel holding it up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Glad to see another project getting going.

Something to consider.
If you are running a mild engine (under about 400 hp) you can save some green using a Ford 8-inch, or even a GM 10-bolt, like the one in an S10. The boys at Dutch Brothers say they will hold up fine. The Ford 8-inch looks nearly as good as a 9-inch, too. Of course, they are not cheap any more either. Unless you get lucky. I am saving my 9s for bigger power drive-trains.

I have an 8.8 with 4.10 posi and disc brakes that I'm not using. $100 and it's yours.

I have an 8.8 with 4.10 posi and disc brakes that I'm not using. $100 and it's yours.

I would be all over the 8.8 but I can get them with a more flathead friendly gear for the same money.... I did have one in the other chassis I built that had 3.73 gears and that was on the very top recommended for a flathead and c4 trans.

front fender hack

do you still have the front fenders ? The front of our 46 got banged up in the bone yard, here;s what my son did with the baack half for a nose on his 22 dodge lakester

Attachments

• good nose pict.jpg
    good nose pict.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back