96 GMC rat build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LS powered I'd presume??

Welcome back Sgt!

I built this wiliest you were away...

Nice....wish I could get into the big wheel tire combo stuff...but guess I'm just too old...lol...Thanks jfg....nice to be back at it...did realize one thing...had it not been for the body lines...I'd probably been better off trying to use a fender from a square body to get the front edge to my liking....but...live and learn...

Ok...couple of things half done....

Got the roll pan installed, fabbed up a bumper of sorts that fits into the receiver hitch and is removable....and got the fuel cell installed.....decided against the keg idea as it's done to death and I've decided to cover the bed with a roll up top anyway....not much but something...oh...and I finished fabbing up a lower box side for my 04 Ford pickup that my 85 year old father in law smashed along with my bumper when he hooked a gas pump bolster at the local Marathon...they sell a patch panel for the right side...but not for the left...so I had to fab this up and that inset compound curve tested my metal working skills to the limit...thank God you can't see both sides at once...a little paint and we are good to go...now thinking of doing a tube bumper for it too....
Pictures to follow when I download the darn things from my phone.....:(

Some of the pic's I promised of the work...

Yep....nice to find some time to get back to it....

Attachments

• Rear Bumper finished.jpg
    Rear Bumper finished.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Fuel Cell install.jpg
    Fuel Cell install.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 38
yeah I know....

it was a discontinued model from Summit and I got it cheap.....but it's 20gal and will be covered anyway....so lets pretend it's just a glare from the lights..lol..

Just spent the last 1-1/2 hours reading your build posts Sarge! Impressive project, I admire your patience and plug away endurance it definitely gives me incentive to continue on with my project!! I can’t wait to see the next post, keep plugging away!!

Thanks Drweld.... appreciate the thoughts

Have had a bit of hiccups over the past few years but getting things ironed out... Glad that you got a chance to go over the build... by the way, I'm always open to suggestions... :D

I'll probably have to read it again myself, to find out where I left off..LOL [cl

Latest posts

Back