37 Ford lights on something else?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipper_1938

He recycles the right way
I'm thinking about putting 37 Ford headlight lenses and trim rings on a 41 Dodge pick-up. Anybody ever seen that one done before?

I'm shooting for a 39 Lincoln Zepher looking truck.

ln1939zephyr1837528.jpg

It kinda has the same look as streetrods built with the oval Mercedes headlights...but with older parts.

I think I'm gonna do it.

attachment.php

I'm in the mood to move the boat-tail to the back burner and build my dodge.

Current plan is 41 Dodge body, Dakota chassis and Halibrand wheels made for a Dakota.

I'm pretty sure it will be a pick up, but it might be a flatbed.

Front end might get stretched. Front fenders might get raised (hood and grill sectioned). Top might get chopped. Wheelbase is open for discussion (Dakota donor is real long and needs to get cut down)

Here's a crappy pic of the wheels and tires (18x9.5 w/ 285/60/18 and 17x7 w/ 215/50/17)

IMG_0200-3.jpg

IMG_0198-3.jpg

I bought a set of original 37 ford headlight lenses and rings. :)

I plan on going to dad's this weekend. I'm gonna try and dig the 41 dodge parts out and do a mock-up. We bought the dodge as a basket case in 2006...and I've never even done a mock-up. I hope it works out like the image in my head.

If it looks as cool as I think it might, I'll take pics and maybe start a build thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back