1936 Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr ZZ. Do you still go to AZ ? I'm in Phoenix it would be great to meet you and pick your brain.

I have fiberglass panels for a 1936 Packard V-12 roadster. You have a great eye for slicing and dicing these things.

Attachments

• 20161130_093104.jpg
    20161130_093104.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 96
That could make a cool ride - looks like just a bare shell so there's lots of bracing and structure work to do there, but what's a project without a challenge....
Here's a couple pics of a 37 Packard I saw in Yuma a couple years ago, a really nice fibreglas repro body made by the owner of Gibbon fibreglas, not sure if any others were made. Many of the hardware pieces, trim etc., are genuine including the frame - 350/350 SBC power. Probably not the direction you want to go, but it shows what can be done with a 'glas body.

Attachments

• DSC00991.jpg
    DSC00991.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC00928.jpg
    DSC00928.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 76
ZZ, I found a Packard for you to drool over. Figured you might get a kick out of it!
1936 Packard Sacramento Autorama

That's a real looker, Troy and HHR sure turn out some impressive cars. [cl[P The only thing I would change is to use a genuine Packard V12 instead of that Lincoln V12 but that's just nit picking on my part...

That's a real looker, Troy and HHR sure turn out some impressive cars. [cl[P The only thing I would change is to use a genuine Packard V12 instead of that Lincoln V12 but that's just nit picking on my part...

Yeah, for some reason I wasn't keen on the Lincoln V12 either. Yeah, HHR builds some fine rides!

ZZ, last week a black '36 Packard two door showed up at the Grande Prairie A&W. I didn't get to talk to the owner but some other guys said he had bought it in British Columbia. I was overwhelmed and convinced it was yours, but it was a matte black and it had bump trunk and yours was real black and a slant back. It made me check out your thread, though. Close but no cigar.

I always wanted to find one of those Packard straight 8 flatheads and use it for a project; great looking piece of old iron. I think they called them Thunderbolts or something like that?

Latest posts

Back