Bertha

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out lightin fires again last night. Front bag mounts nearly complete!!! Just need to do a little shaper grinding on them and smooth the edges a bit!

And my title showed up in the mail!!! Glad to have that!

What are everyones thoughts on Suicide doors?? I am thinking of doing that on this machine. Been looking at hinge kits and bearclaw latches for the old girl. Kinda needs new pins anyway so I guess I might as well move the hinges to the back.

And my title showed up in the mail!!! Glad to have that!

Hooray! Always a good thing. :)

What are everyones thoughts on Suicide doors?? I am thinking of doing that on this machine. Been looking at hinge kits and bearclaw latches for the old girl. Kinda needs new pins anyway so I guess I might as well move the hinges to the back.

I like the idea of suicide doors. Like you said, gotta buy stuff anyway ...

I'm still on the fence about the doors..... Dunno......

Did pick up some tires to go on the rims on the back, and grabbed a yolk for the trans. Also did a little grinding action on the car to clean up some of the mount stuff. Slow going. I think the winter blues are stomping on my motivation.

I'm still on the fence about the doors..... Dunno......

Did pick up some tires to go on the rims on the back, and grabbed a yolk for the trans. Also did a little grinding action on the car to clean up some of the mount stuff. Slow going. I think the winter blues are stomping on my motivation.

I hear you there brother.:(
My only salvation is that the forecast for next week shows the entire week above 30 degrees.[cl :D [cl :D
Hang in there neverdone......
Torchie

Door kit ordered. Headlights ordered, still need the retaining rings.

Shortened up the column, that is all done, now just need to rebuild a steering shaft to get from the box to the column.

Headlights have arrived :D , door kit has not.... :(

Spoke with the racing neighbor last night if I can get the car over to his shop we will be doing the four link Monday or Tuesday. It will take some light mud bogging to get over there, but it will be worth it!

Bertha got to have her first taste of fresh air since the project began, no pics in the daylight. Hooked her up to the back of the tractor and drug her across the back yard to Bad Habitz Fab (the neighbors race/fab shop) and 4 link installation has commenced!
FB_IMG_1426641508277_zpsmmotymgb.jpg

Also the door kit arrived, pretty happy with that!!
IMG_20150317_150543_877_zpsavxbp4zi.jpg

and one pic of the headlights that were chosen...
IMG_20150314_183458_806_zpsko2ahnqp.jpg

Since the car is out for a little bit got to do a little shop clean up that was really needed. Also since it is gone I can focus a little on some other stuff that needs to happen for the baby on the way and stuff like that....

Looks like it's going your way!!!!!!!!!
This isn't a good recipe. Sparks flying and a big block engine in the background with no carb or intake protection.
FB_IMG_1426641508277_zpsmmotymgb.jpg

Looks like it's going your way!!!!!!!!!
This isn't a good recipe. Sparks flying and a big block engine in the background with no carb or intake protection.

Agreed...... Not my shop, not my motor. I did mention it sitting there open, he said he was going to cover it. Hopefully he eventually did.

Fresh back from the neighbors shop last night. Still need to put in the bag brackets and some other finishes, but it seems to be successful. The diff is now in the trunk, so I guess that's good [S

IMG_20150322_104248_740_zpsttwophr4.jpg

IMG_20150322_195333_348_zpsddqnbtjy.jpg

That is with blocks in the back holding it up for transport about 2.5" The front is sitting on the bump stops but does not have the drop spindles in yet.

IMG_20150322_195854_308_zpsg2vlg8qm.jpg

And one pic of my two rust babies together.

Latest posts

Back