Happy volcano day

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
Those sand storm pictures reminded me that this is May 18, the 27th anniversary of Mt. St. Helens eruption. Quite a day, by about 2pm here it was like midnight, street lights on fine power falling to the ground, everything was dead silent, no birds, bugs or humans making a sound, really erie.

Then the next day everybody shoveling and washing ash off of everything. An interesting day to say the least.

your dating yourself a little there..lol.. i will agree, there is nothing more un settling the dead silence. don't you guys still have active volcanoes, i thought i heard on tlc or something that it is time for another eruption.

I remeber that day well, I faked being sick so that I would not have to go to church, cause I had got a new model car the day before and wanted to stay home and build it, I even remeber the car, it was the Paddy Wagon C cab truck. I think I check on line and see if I can get another Paddy wagon model to build for old time sake.

Pablo

Wow, it's really been 27 years??? I can't believe that. :confused:

I watched a documentary on TV a while back about it. Really terrible disaster. Nature is such a tremendous force......hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanos, etc. Makes us realize how helpless we are to stop these things.

Don

For real...the next big show willbe the one that really wipes out the western area. Over in Yellowstone park, the caldera at the bottom of the main lake is rising more every year. it is over 110 inches tall from the edges of the bottom.
The water temp is rising as well. We are around 284 miles from the center of the crator. They prdict it will throw molten ash more then 5 miles intot he atmosphere and will cover more then 400 miles radius from the epicenter.
My place can expect over 24 feet deep of molten ash.
What a way to go, like mnt. vasuvius in pompae. Hopefully it won't happen in our time, cause it is concidered as the end of the modern world as we know today.:eek:

Mt St Helens

My fav's were the still photographer that was on the adjoining ridge. He took a sequence of photos of the whole event that were the most incredible shots I have ever seen, I can't even imagine being there & witnessing that. Even though we r pretty far away here in Houston... it covered our cars with that fine white soot for days & days. Really, 27 years... hard to believe it's been that long! I remember they took photos from space that showed the dust cloud & it went around the whole globe.

BoB

Latest posts

Back