Sand Storm pics from Iraq.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getcarter

i just thought i would share these with you guys. it cam up too fast for me to get the blowing in pictures and by the time i got to the door visibility was already gone. i had time to get these two pictures before i almost got blown away. if you want to see an unreal one google al asad sand storm, there is a video and pictures, check it out.

Attachments

• Sand Storm1.JPG
    Sand Storm1.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Sand Storm 2.JPG
    Sand Storm 2.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 14
Yuck. looks nasty. So you live on the beach?

sure! it is the largest beach i have ever seen, w/o the water of course..lol..

as for the sand blasting, imagine riding a bike at about 70-80 mph with small rain drops hitting your face with only riding glasses on. this year is odd, that storm came through and it brought a cold front. this time last year it felt like someone had a blow dryer on high heat at full blast in your face. this morning i almost put on a long john shirt.

Sand blaster!

carter,
Wow, biggest sand blaster I've ever seen. What happens if 1 comes up & u're not close to a house or something?

BoB

carter,
Wow, biggest sand blaster I've ever seen. What happens if 1 comes up & u're not close to a house or something?

BoB

you are then screwed! they brief us on what to do but honestly even being inside shelter you still can smell the dust in the air. the problem with that is they say that there is parasites mixed in. 20 years from now i am going to have some strange lung cancer. alot of timespeolpe will get caught up in them because they can come up without warning.

(ACHOO)..Carter, Thanks for shareing that with me (ACHOO)
You are absolutely right (ACHOO) Those dust/sand storms come out of no where. I thought you did get good pics brfore complete "Brown out condition" Wahoo (ACHOO) 363 days boots on the ground in Kandahar, Afghanistan, otherwise known as "Kandahar Correctional Facility"...HA..HA..HA..
If you are a contractor that is going after that money, Hats off to ya.....They made me go....(ACHOO)...

Getcarter: thanks for shareing those pics. It really does bring back memories. I've only been home for 2 yrs now. (I'm sure They will let me go back any time I get ready)....LOLOLOL...

(ACHOO)..Carter, Thanks for shareing that with me (ACHOO)
You are absolutely right (ACHOO) Those dust/sand storms come out of no where. I thought you did get good pics brfore complete "Brown out condition" Wahoo (ACHOO) 363 days boots on the ground in Kandahar, Afghanistan, otherwise known as "Kandahar Correctional Facility"...HA..HA..HA..
If you are a contractor that is going after that money, Hats off to ya.....They made me go....(ACHOO)...

Getcarter: thanks for shareing those pics. It really does bring back memories. I've only been home for 2 yrs now. (I'm sure They will let me go back any time I get ready)....LOLOLOL...

yeah the money drew me in but then i realized that for every contractor over here that means that same number of soldiers do not have to be. by the way, just a little over 10 years here, got out as an e-6. i got tired of getting deployed for pennies and seeing the contractors raking it in, so i joined the darkside..lol.. if any of ya'll are looking they are hiring. you get used to the noises..lol.. wait, i already was! really though i am used to the lifestyle and it seemed like a good idea, the only draw back is i am 32 and i have not started a carrer yet. i figure i will try to ride this out for a while, come home for a few months and build something and come right back over, democrats ain't pulling anybody out..... hmm, cough, SURGE!

Carter,
I'm not military... but how many stripes does a Surge have... three? ; - >

BoB

the comment on the surge was for the extra troops that are being sent after the dems said we would pull out. the ranking system is fairly simple but there are some differences within the elements. a seargent has 3 shamrocks, stripes. once you begin to progress then the symbol starts to take on rockers. i believe the only difference is for the airforce, there nco ranking symbols are a little different than the army's and the marine's. and for the life of me i can not figure out the navy's ranking structure..lol..

Latest posts

Back