Thinking about give'n up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really kinda funny, I was browsing the "Classic Cars" section of my local Kijiji the other day and came across an ad for the REAR HALF of a '39 Chevy 4 door... I immediately thought of your car.:D

Other funny part? The guy was asking $700 or "trade for Chevy S-10 extended cab chassis... or rat rod parts.[S

Funny, I've got one of those S-10's in my garage right now that I'm burned out on and likely never gonna finish. It's been sitting there for the past six years, the first couple I dumped a bunch of money into parts, but didn't have time to work on it cuz I had my daughters to look after-constantly. Heaven forbid my wife should give up some of her "baseball and video game time" to spend quality time with the children she just had to have.:rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I think we've prolly all been in the same boat as you, or at least dipped an oar in the same water. Regardless of whatever happens, just wanted to let you know that your creativity has been noticed and most certainly has been inspiring.:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

I have said you have something started that could become cool. And I also said it is worth more in parts then it does whole. Get the most you can out of the axles, suspension. motor trams etc. Then post the frame and body to someone cheap who wants to tackle your vision. That way you get most of your cash back and dont feel bad about parting with your labor. I know where you are at because I do well buying, selling, fixing or parting projects just like yours. I do try and stay main stream for ones I want to flip but then ones like yours just seem cool to me. Good luck with it either way. [P

Or do a twist on what Bob W said: post a thread for ideas. Then maybe take the engine and trans out and give it to the best idea holder. Write off the "worth" of the vehicle to charity on your taxes. Win Win!

No confuzzion at all! It is SOLD gone to a semi local guy that wants to finish as I had planned for it. He bought the all of it. And to my surpize I got all ++ what I had into it not counting labor that was all in fun anyway.
I told him about this site so you might not seen the last of the Puzzle.
Thanks guys for all the support.[cl

No confuzzion at all! It is SOLD gone to a semi local guy that wants to finish as I had planned for it. He bought the all of it. And to my surpize I got all ++ what I had into it not counting labor that was all in fun anyway.

awsome!

I gave up on a project I realized could have gotten off to a better start so i parted it out some and bought another truck to start over with.
I ended up making as much selling parts as I spent on the better truck. That doesn't happen as much as I wish it would

Gonna hate not seeing you finish it, but maybe we'll all get a chance
to see it done!! Twist the guy's arm and make him join the site,
should have been mandatory with the sale!!

I did my best with him, we will see if he joins. I wish him luck and hope to see it myself, maybe even get a ride.

Attachments

• the puzzle gone 001.jpg
    the puzzle gone 001.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 22
  • the puzzle gone 007.jpg
    the puzzle gone 007.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back