I'm talkin' real horsepower here!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
OK, you gotta forgive me here but I just spent 6 hrs in the car today going to San Marcos, Tx. to see my daughter-in-law graduate as a CPA today. This is Texas mind ya, where there are more horses & cows than people so it's not like I've never seen a horse b4. But this is something I have *never* seen... a whole herd of miniature horses. I'm talkin' *real* HP!

The yellow wildflowers are out in force right now bigtime! On our way back home on I-10 we saw this beautiful meadow covered with yellow flowers & sitting right out in the center of this gorgeous scene (old barn on the tree line on the back & all)... is this rusted but in decent shape late 40's model Dodge 4-door sittin' there pretty as can be! It was definitely like... on display. It was impossible to stop & take a foto but I might try to get back there b4 the flowers die off. It made my day & made sittin' in the car for that long worth it!

If you see any great shots like that... let's see 'um!

BoB

Attachments

• mini1.jpg
    mini1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 25
Nice pic Tripper. Since I've never seen one, just how small is a mini horse? Since all the horses in the pic are mini, I can't tell the diff.

Giddy up!

Nice pic Tripper. Since I've never seen one, just how small is a mini horse? Since all the horses in the pic are mini, I can't tell the diff.

Gastrick,
Mini's are about 1/4 size. When we stopped, they were out doing their "horse jobs"... which is chasin' the mares & tryin' to keep the other males from doing the same. It was weird... their naying sounded 1/4 sized too. The incredible part was the baby's. Whoa were they small! It's hard to believe people went from town to town on horses. I am SO glad I was born in the auto age!

BoB

Don's advice!

I had the weirdest thought after my last post last nite. I was thinking... what if we were born back in the old western days where there were no cars... just horses. Guess we'd all b hangin' out @ the blacksmith's shop & Don would be talking about lowerin' a stagecoach & choppin' the top. Well... it seemed funny @ the time!!! ; - >

Howdy partner... nice lookin' buggy u got there & I really like them wood spoked wheels... where'd u git 'um?

BoB

We hot rodders would have one of those souped up ones with like 10 horses pulling it, kinda like Ben Hur. :D :D

Beautiful picture, so peaceful and Summerlike. About 5 years ago my Girlfriend at the time and I drove up through Kentucky and States like that for a little vacation. It was so neat to see some of the very serious horse breeding ranches where they raise Kentucky Derby class race horses. There were lots of them running around in these pastures that were straight from the TV program Dallas. Multimillion dollar places with white fences stretching forever. Your picture reminded me of that.

Don

Special oats!

We hot rodders would have one of those souped up ones with like 10 horses pulling it, kinda like Ben Hur. :D :D

Don

Dang Don,
What's that thang got 10 horsepower?! I found some really special "oats" that make my horses run faster!!! ; - >

Latest posts

Back