Blower motor,

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

33fire

Ok I have a question I'm building a 60s hot rod with my 33 Chevy, it's got a 350 with a 6-71 blower on it, what I'm looking for is some up finding a lower crank pulley, that I can drill because the motors already in and I only have one key way. Does anyone know what I talking a bout and where I can fine one.

I have an idea what you are talking about. The blower motor I had, had an Eagle crank in it, but had the double keyway in it. It was special order, but only took a few days to get. Then I ran a billet hub from BDS, no balancer.
blower2.jpg

That's what I was talking about I'm not sure how it works with the crank hub, from BDS or someone else, but I'll look in to it, thanks again.

The crank will have to come out of the engine. It will have to go to a good machine shop and have the second keyway machined in it. The stock key, for the balancer is not strong enough to run the blower. A lot of guys get away with it, for quite awhile. You could try it and keep your fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back