Rip-off business. Beware

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you use ebay or Paypal, file a dispute. I usually don't trust anyone who uses "honest" as part of their email or business name. ;)

Did

Used paypal but waited too long to file a grievance. They used a ruse of out for vacation during end of June thru July and I waited too long. Didn't lose much,but still ****es me off.
Never was sent,so no shipping number.
Ever ordered anything from Honest Charlie's?

So what is their excuse now? To me, it's not the money lost but the principle. You paid money for something that they agreed to provide for you and they aren't doing it. Obviously it's been a few months, so I'd be bombarding them with emails throughout the day and looking for his phone number and calling it all hours of the day and night. If this is his MO, then its time to pay. If it's an honest mistake, then it's time to make it right.

Emails

Sent him a bunch of emails,no answer since end of July, when he said he'd look into it when he got back to the shop. Guy on another site is trying to trace them. Doing pretty well. Has the owners real name. Trying for a phone number.
I've ordered a lot of stuff on the web and this is my first ripoff so im feeling pretty lucky really,just ****ed.

I did a quick search of Who Owns, and this is what I came up with. A bogus phone # for sure, but maybe a different email address for you.

WHOIS information for hotrodherman.com:**

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
[Redirected to whois.enom.com]
[Querying whois.enom.com]
[whois.enom.com]

Domain Name: HOTRODHERMAN.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1511836870_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: www.enom.com

Updated Date: 2014-08-09 12:19:05Z
Creation Date: 2008-08-03 17:15:03Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-08-03 17:15:03Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 48
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4252744500
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: JEREMIAH WALES
Registrant Organization: WHIRLWINDENTERPRISES
Registrant Street: 111PATRICIA
Registrant City: MEDFORD
Registrant State/Province: NY
Registrant Postal Code: 11772
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: 555-5555
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: JEREMIAH WALES
Admin Organization: WHIRLWINDENTERPRISES
Admin Street: 111PATRICIA
Admin City: MEDFORD
Admin State/Province: NY
Admin Postal Code: 11772
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: 555-5555
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: JEREMIAH WALES
Tech Organization: WHIRLWINDENTERPRISES
Tech Street: 111PATRICIA
Tech City: MEDFORD
Tech State/Province: NY
Tech Postal Code: 11772
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: 555-5555
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: YNS1.YAHOO.COM
Name Server: YNS2.YAHOO.COM

Thanks

Yeah, I tried that and sent an email to the yahoo address. Nothing there either. Did file an internet fraud complaint yesterday. One dude on another site even had a picture of the guys house from the gps. The internet is an amazing thing.

It's amazing that as advanced as the internet has become, that someone can still use 555-5555 as their phone number on their website registry information.

I sent an email to Universal Studios corporate office and told them someone was using their trademark name to rip people off. I sent them a link to his website. Guys like this need to go away and are a black mark on our hobby.

Don

Latest posts

Back