Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PSA. No Torchies were harmed in the taking of these pics.

Made the last cut thru and dropped the top half down this morning.
I was going to wait for some help for this part of the program, but.......[ddd
As you can see when it settled it wasn't exactly were I was aiming for.....:eek: :p [ddd. Nothing a little grunt work couldn't fix.:D
As predicted some cuts matched better then others.
The PS cowl corner is being held up by the center of the fire wall. So the firewall will need some trimming. And not shown in the pics is the fact that the PS rear quarter is binding somewhere causing the top half to not be sitting totally square with the lower half.
All in all Nothing that can't be corrected with a bit of tweaking.
Hopefully I will have some help tomorrow so I can turn the car sideways in the shop.
That's all for now........
Thanks for visiting.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-13.jpg
    2-13.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 2-12.jpg
    2-12.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 2-14.jpg
    2-14.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 35
More Pics.

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 33
just shows the case for plastic surgery, keep cutting till she's pretty! ;)

nice work torchmate. the proportions with the chop are stunning!

Thanks Gang!
Don't know what, if anything, that will get done tomorrow as I'm feeling pretty beat right now.
We will see how I feel in the morning.
Torchie

I have never, ever, been involved with anything of this nature, but I can see that your eye for proportion is excellent - balanced. I've seen extreme chops or section jobs that make me cringe. I couldn't do it myself, but if it doesn't have balanced proportions, it's just awful. You are spot on, in my opinion (which is probably not worth much, but hey, anyway). (Kinda' like being unable to write a novel, but knowing just the same when one is poorly written.)

I have never, ever, been involved with anything of this nature, but I can see that your eye for proportion is excellent - balanced. I've seen extreme chops or section jobs that make me cringe. I couldn't do it myself, but if it doesn't have balanced proportions, it's just awful. You are spot on, in my opinion (which is probably not worth much, but hey, anyway). (Kinda' like being unable to write a novel, but knowing just the same when one is poorly written.)

Thanks OI and dutch.
Neto.
All opinions are welcomed here. Especially if they agree with mine....[ddd :D
In all seriousness....
The guys that I learned from when I started out are probably all gone by now. They were from what some have called the "Golden era" of custom cars. Right after WW2 til about 1954. And if they weren't building their own during that time. They were Teens soaking up all the info and pictures from all the car magazines of that time. This was also before these cars were shown for "Points" at cars shows. Which encouraged the fact that more modifications = more show points.
And just like other things. The longer it is around the harder it is to do something original, so things got pretty wild.:eek:
They passed on to me the idea that the point of cutting up a car was to enhance the shapes. Make it smoother. Sleeker. Lower.etc.
I have nothing against cars that are done like you mentioned, but it's just not my style.(Whatever that maybe....:)...)
What's the Famous quote. "I can't define it. But I know it when I see it."...
Torchie

Last edited:
They passed on to me the idea that the point of cutting up a car was to enhance the shapes. Make it smoother. Sleeker. Lower.etc......
What's the Famous quote. "I can't define it. But I know it when I see it."...
Torchie

Exactly right Torchie. I remember reading in Rod and Custom that very idea...enhance the shapes, smooth, sleek, flowing. You can change all you want, but if the end design doesn't flow together, it's just a mishmash of shapes. That's why so many customs miss the mark, they don't flow together as a unit, some just stick out like a sore thumb.

Had a friend stop by to help so we were able to get the top and the bottom halves squared up. Aligned and tacked.
We had to do some more trimming to the firewall as well as parts of the inner fender wells. Started at the cowl and worked our way back going side to side.
Here are the results.
Maybe the rear fender tomorrow.
Thanks for looking in...
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 42
  • 2-4.jpg